The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Effectrode assures me they gave FedEx all the pertinent info. I believe Sam when she says this - last time she admitted her mistake right up front; I have no reason to doubt her. The package arrived without any waybill info or contents or anything, so I don't know how Fed Ex even calculated duties. FedEx sucks.

And, no, the pedal I just got back isn't in the list of pedals I have for sale. :)

End of Update.

Need to vent.

I've only ever sent two pedals back for repair, both to Effectrode. Last time they forgot to label the package as a return, so I had to pay Fedex duties and taxes.

Well, fedex won't accept any payment locally, nor can I pay the driver. I have to borrow a credit card (this is one of the many reasons I refuse to get a credit card - I'm not paying a business anything just to use my own money) and go through the hassle of explaining everything to a clerk who has English as a second language just to have them find problem after problem...

So, Effectrode forgot to label this last Pedal as a return, again, and I'm going through the whole fucking dance again. I don't even care about the money - it's the hassle!

They won't even let me use a friend's card this time - I have to get him to call FedEx. For $14!

So the pedal is in Vancouver. It's frustrating that it's so close - without this extra step I'd have it on Monday - but it's going to take longer. Of course.

I know it's Phil's wife, Sam, who sends the items out, but two times in a row feels purposeful.
Im frustrated!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Business is business, wife or any other relation. Enough with the nice Canadianmanship — get the vendor to make it right and apologize for making the process ridiculous for you, or full refund now. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Business is business, wife or any other relation. Enough with the nice Canadianmanship — get the vendor to make it right and apologize for making the process ridiculous for you, or full refund now. Seriously.
Thanks for the support!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd rather you didn't, honestly.
I've emailed them but I'd like to give them a chance to reply.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
I'm a bit upset with Effectrode for creating the situation, but I guess I'm most upset with FedEx. It's their cheap-bastardry that's causing my serious issues. They have a delivery centre but won't take payments? Not even on their website? Cheap jerks.

PS - I like your word "Canadianmanship."

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And thanks for chatting with me and the support. I've calmed down a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts