• Zakk Wylde

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Gus G

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I like randy rhoads, but Zakk Wylde is pretty awesome too, I voted for him.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Iommi doesnt count. Theres a difference between Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

Hes talking about Ozzy (solo). Iommi didn't play for Ozzy after Sabbath broke up.

BTW, i say Rhoads.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
If thats the case, he forgot, Joe Holmes, George Lynch, Brad Gillis, Bernie Torme, and probobly some others...........

·
Registered
698 Posts
Stratocaster said:
Iommi doesnt count. Theres a difference between Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

Hes talking about Ozzy (solo). Iommi didn't play for Ozzy after Sabbath broke up.

BTW, i say Rhoads.
I agree. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it was more like Ozzy was Tony's vocalist in Sabbath...but my opinion might be just a tad biased there (see avatar...).

On the Ozzy side, I'd have to go with Zakk. The guy's a dick, but I've been digging a lot of BLS lately and I love his solos on the Ozzy stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Of course Randy Rhoads. Zakk wyldes covers of Randy's songs sounds like garbage to my ears. He uses all these harmonics which I dont like.

·
Registered
93 Posts
rhoads of those listed, but iommi is one of very few guitarists who can take credit for inventing an entire genre of music. just my opinion, of course, but there was no heavy metal before tony iommi tuned down his SGs and cranked up his laneys

·
Registered
93 Posts
he almost hired buckethead, but he thought he was too weird.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Accept2 said:
If thats the case, he forgot, Joe Holmes, George Lynch, Brad Gillis, Bernie Torme, and probobly some others...........
I heard Pat Travers also did some fill in gigs after Randy's death. Not sure if this is true or not. If it was true, he was probably Ozzy's only Canadian guitarist.

:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
14 Posts
ozzy ozzy ozzy oi oi oi

" On the Ozzy side, I'd have to go ".......

well, we could really get a misunderstanding here, cause at first I thought you were talking about "aussies" with wrong spelling, but if I can have my say, the BEST guitarist in Australia (i know, some would debate this) is one Tommy Emmanuel. Man, he can make it talk! If I've never been so impressed, then that's saying something!

Ozi1

·
Registered
319 Posts
On the Rhoad again

Randy was a hard act to follow...but Jake and Zack have something special and unique about them except for the interim guitar players........ Brad Gillis was not a good fit. A fine guitarist in his own right but......that Speak of the Devil album was just filler to satisfy the record execs really
Ray

1 - 20 of 49 Posts