The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some recommendations for a luthier in the Vancouver area. Considering purchasing an older Martin that needs some work. Neck reset, bridge and bridge plate repairs, crack repairs.

Shuriya? Nicole Alosinac? Coloma?

Does one specialize in Martin's more than another?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Well I can tell you that Nichole has worked on my guitars for years and a few friends and has been involved in many famous guitarists repairs and up keep ( Randy Bachman ) frankly there is no one better as far as I am concerned.
Repair gallery 1 for Nicole Alosinac Luthiery - Guitar Repair, Violin Restoration (Vancouver)
And all of the guitars she has done have all still been the best guitars I have owned and played and her work just can't be beaten not that the others out there are not good just she shines just that much more and when she talks to you she studies what you say and some how she gets just how you want to sound like and play like.
She will always be my number one go to.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Paul Iverson out of Tom Lee (North Van) comes highly recommended. He does a lot of warranty work for Blue Dog guitars. But he's so busy he isn't taking on any major jobs. He has recommended Dave Reimer for work on my early 70s Martin (neck reset). Dave has a shop in North Van and also works out of the downtown Tom Lee store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts