The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was up in "the county" (Prince Edward) Sunday and stopped by the Barley Days brewery (between Picton and Bloomfield) for a taste of their wares. It is all natural and they use local farmers crops for their brew. They make 2 types, a dark bitter ale and a golden pale ale. I took home 12 bottles of the golden stuff...best beer I've tasted in a long time...a bit pricey though @ $23. They said it was available at the LCBO, 4.8%, light refreshing and slightly sweet, just my cup of tea.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I was up in "the county" (Prince Edward) Sunday and stopped by the Barley Days brewery (between Picton and Bloomfield) for a taste of their wares. It is all natural and they use local farmers crops for their brew. They make 2 types, a dark bitter ale and a golden pale ale. I took home 12 bottles of the golden stuff...best beer I've tasted in a long time...a bit pricey though @ $23. They said it was available at the LCBO, 4.8%, light refreshing and slightly sweet, just my cup of tea.

:food-smiley-004:
That sounds like a great one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
An awfully active thread ... I can see where our heads are at :)

Like many of you I prefer different beers in different seasons.

Favourite: Guinness, although I have had many equally good micro-brewed stouts and porters.

And for domestic, in no particular order:

- Most of Amsterdam Brewery's beers, especially their Dutch Amber Lager
- Steamwhistle
- Keith's Red
- KLB Raspberry Wheat on a hot day
- Niagara Brewery's Eisbock has had some fabulous years - the recipe changes annually (or it used to).
- numerous micro-brews

Sadly though I drink too much beer to afford my favourites so it's usually Lakeport Red or Lakeport Honey at home.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts