• Jem

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • PGM

Votes: 1 1.5%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
What about the SZ series ??? More my style. Set neck, 25.1" scale. 12" radius. Maple mahogany body.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i used to have a really nice roadstar superstrat in the early 90's right when i was in highschool and just to play guitar

my pal's fave bass for years was another 80's roadstar thingy

i've recently (last year) done some recording with another friend's new orange single cut hollowbodied artcore,a very nice guitar

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Can't beat a good RG for a shredder axe.

I

·
0 Posts
UV isn't on the list so I went with JEM. I'm more of a fan of Vai's 7-string line up. I miss that UV777 every day...should nevah have sold her...

I

·
0 Posts
This is another one of the "I wish I still had it" guitars. I owned one of these and one of the Rocket Rolls.
D. Amn. Those were nice. Yeah, the biggest gear sell of my life was that UV777GR. I thought I'd outgrown the 7-string shred thang. Doh. Mine looked just like this, with the maple board, apparently that's rare on the UVs:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Voted PGM, but my overall favorite is the real old copies they made. The LPs and the V's rock, which coincidently Paul Gilbert has a huge collection of.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I think the Artfields and American Masters are the ones that stick out for me. The high end RGTs look cool too. Out of the 50 or so Ibanez that Ive had, the USRG would have been the best.............

·
Registered
97 Posts
i actually wanted an S series guitar when i was purchasing my first guitar...
it looked soo nice hanging up on that rack that i really wanted to try it out, but it was too shy to try since i was a complete noob and knew nothing about guitars..

the Ibanez SZ320 i really wanted that... it was withing my price range, but i dint want to spend that much as my first guitar at the time, now i wish i did.

·
Registered
97 Posts
this one is mine a 01 RG320QSTR,i believe its the last year they produced
this combination,mahog body with a bolt on neck,this version is a neck thru
now,and the bolt on is basswood,she has taking some abuse over the 4 years ive had it,the frets need some serious work done,ive upgraded to pups to
dimarzio X2N's,the paint is still in fairly good condition,with a couple of minor nicks,still my main player though

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am an RG fan. haven't actually played the prestige line to see if there is much difference. S series are fun too - they may even release a 24-fret S!

I also enjoy the earlier PG series - where Paul had various shapes to his line...

Darn it, now I'm GASing...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts