The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lookin to had a fat drive like the one in the solo of Beer of Reel Big Fish! I try with an EQ and different effects like a Rat, a Digitech Grunge, Boss Overdrive, Blues Driver and I never got it. Maybe I don'T have the magic touch or just don't find the good thing. Maybe it's just a normal drive. I'm waiting to buy my GoudieFX 808, but I just bought na amp so it will come later this month. So if you have any idea just give me an advice. If you want to listen to the song just look there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scoBURXI6Rs

It's not necessery the same tone but something in that kind of! ;)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ti-Ron - I have the Goudiefx Compressor as well as the 808+ and I find that the Comp fattens up my tone quite a bit. You may want to give that a try. But, now that I have discovered what a tube amp sounds like CRANKED I am more prone to plugging directly in to the amp with nothing in between. Give it a try (you might want to use an attenuator if you have one).

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect and Thank you! I just got my little Fender Champ and get it fixed (will post some pics soon) I will explore the univers of the tube's dound. By the way I jsut bought a GoudieFX 808+ from FlashPunk, so I will have more possibility!
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts