The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have Kurzweil Midiboard from the 80s. Solid state, of course, but no ICs either. Just big resistors and transistors etc that I can pick up with my fingers. So if I ever want it rejuvenated I can (in theory) do it myself.
Oh, and it weighs 90 pounds and I use it as my desk. Has a couple of sliders that don't work and the backup battery is dead, but it still works and still has polyphonic aftertouch which is vanishingly rare and very powerful. No built-in sounds and has to be plugged into a computer or MIDI sound device to actually produce a waveform.

If it was tube, of course, it would weigh more like 200 pounds and could be used as a bed.

Computer Personal computer Furniture Property Table

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
More info:

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
None other than George Alessandro, the "American Coonhound" model which doesn't seem to be current. Not that good?
Oh, I was wrong then, assuming that it was only a tube for the hifi crowd (I’m part of them also ;)).

Probably a lot of them in this amp: four, six?

***Edit: I don’t see anything on his website, could it be a custom offering?

Edit no2: ah yes, not available anymore…

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
3,366 Posts
I never knew a guitarist who really bonded with triodes for output tubes, I believe they're out there though; they require high-signal drive to overload, they look like solid-state devices on a scope, during overdrive too, could be a reason why most guitarist stay away from them...undesirable overdrive...they are exceptional for fidelity.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts