The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he called it standard in the listing . clearly not a standard with that binding on the body and the bound headstock which is more like a custom. if it was a custom it would have the split diamond on the headstock, no ?

now seeing the other other post as a heritage does change that i guess . just didn't seem like a standard

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
he called it standard in the listing . clearly not a standard with that binding on the body and the bound headstock which is more like a custom. if it was a custom it would have the split diamond on the headstock, no ?

now seeing the other other post as a heritage does change that i guess . just didn't seem like a standard
You are correct, the guy doesn't know what he is selling. If I lived in Edmonton I would likely look at it. Those guitars aren't super popular, but they are pretty rare. It won't last long imo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah new ad today . something about that headstock just looks wrong to me . but what do i know.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Yes, a Les Paul Custom would have an ebony board with block inlays & the diamond headstock inlay.

This is a Classic Custom, which was a USA production model vs. a Custom Shop instrument like the LP Customs are. It was a bit of a hybrid between a Custom & Standard, with an ebony board & the more desirable 57 Classic pickups vs. the Burstbucker Pros that Standards of that time were outfitted with.

There were either several different GOTW iterations or it was a production model in the late 2000s. I recall one with a “Black Beauty” vibe that had uncovered 57s with gold polepieces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts