The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn....that's addictive ! I'm just a newb there but holey moley....no wonder they call it Crackbook !

Any other Facebook Junkies here ??

I

·
0 Posts
I tried. I just don't get the appeal. Anyone I've wanted to stay in touch with I've kept in touch with. The rest don't need to know how to find.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yeah. I have everybody I want to talk to now, people add me, but I don't look for old friends to add. I find it's a good way to just organize events, and message people.

I think it's awesome when people add you, and leave random messages on your wall, and you don't know who they are or what they're talking about. lol

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
i have it - yet another place to pretend to be better friends with people that in truth, you barely talk to.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have it - yet another place to pretend to be better friends with people that in truth, you barely talk to.
I never thought of it that way....but I can see your point.
I found that as I got older and with a family of my own and building a house and home and working shiftwork that you really do have less and less time to spend with everyone that you really want to spend some time with.
It's not so bad to at least have a way of contacting ol' friends that have moved away (that happens a lot here) and just leaving an option open for staying in touch.
I'm thinkin' Facebook is also not a bad way to let everyone on the acquaintance line of your circle of friends know that you got a gig coming up !

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
it's good for organizing parties and notifying people of shows, yeah. so is the phone and msn, both of which i use as well lol.

the keeping in touch part is good as well. its there..but just like msn, there's a wack of people i dont talk to.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Our band has a Facebook page. I,m not addicted to it but it is fun.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2416961560

I,ve talked with my daughters about younger people's needs these days to "stay connected" to each other. Cell phones, Facebook, IM, etc...seem to point to this addicton. Kids as young as 8 have their own phones. One of my girls says she would feel naked without her laptop. In my day you called a bud to meet you somewhere and other than going to an activity or physically hanging out, we only communicated or saw each other at school.

C

·
0 Posts
"In my day"
It's not your day any more... As Dylan sang, and is just as applicable today as it was way back then.

"The times, they are a-changin'"

C

·
0 Posts
Groups are a BIG part of Facebook....

Facebook is better cause it has WAY less spam....

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like to think of Facebook as a MySpace site that's had some user testing done on it. Functionally is much better although MySpace embedded music is a pretty good idea for musicians.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Facebook is better cause it has WAY less spam....
I wouldn't count on that for too long though. Rumor has it that since they turned town that bazillion dollar offer more advertising is gonna show up there.

I hope not though - because it is internet crack, and I'm quickly becomming a junkie.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I gots it. use it mostly for friends in school.. i'm on alot but I don't really do anything. Like MSN but not so live!

C

·
0 Posts
"more advertising is gonna show up"
Advertising isn't necessarily spam.... a million friend requests from the same "Young broad with a web cam" site is spam... Facebook doesn't have that....

So, Facebook wins. Myspace is so, 2003...

C

·
0 Posts
Send people invites to join...

Where's the guitarscanada facebook??? I've never seen it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts