The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too would be interested to know what you think of it. Not only how it plays and sounds, but also the other stuff such as restringing, tuning etc.
this was alot of the reason i went for it. i never had a guitar like that, and i wanted to try it and see what it's like. tbo, i don't expect it to be the best guitar, but if it's functional and stable i can deal with any other issues myself. also, i have never owned a green guitar before, and st. patty's is comin...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Turning those little knobs for tuning and restring might be a pain.
That was my first thought. I don't have any experience with this set up, but once the strings are locked down taut at the nut end, would there only be a minimal amount of turning required to get it under tension?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah could be that’s how it works.

A lot of the messing that goes on with standard peg heads is likely to do with getting the winds squished down around the capstan.
that's why locking tuners can increase tuning stability. if used correctly, there are no complete winds. i don't know if the above guitar takes double ball-end strings, but i am hoping it doesn't.
i always wanted a steinberg stick. iirc, those had reverse tapered strings with the ball at the small end. of course the last one i tried was in a shop i frequented in the 80's. my memory may prove unreliable on that.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
8,363 Posts
Edit: thought they were clamped at the headstock but it looks different in the picture. One I saw was clamped and then you cut the strings. Maybe they’ve redesigned it.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
8,363 Posts
Yeah I was just reading that on reverb. Looks like it might be a set screw for each string. Saw one where it was a clamp and they were saying the clamp system was not good so looks like redesign with a screw for each string.

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
These are quite easy to change strings on, I used a similar bridge system for a guitar I made my dad. you basically loosen the screws on the bridge side, there is a spot to fit the ball of the string, then you tighten it enough that it is pulled under the bridge,and won't pop out. Pull the string pretty tight through the nut and screw it in to lock it. Then you just tune it from the tuner screws in the bridge.

·
Registered
18,597 Posts
I have always found headless guitars interesting but have never had the chance to try one. The neck on this is perfect for me but Cheezyrydr............................it's not red!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.