The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI, there's a smokin' 56' Relic Strat at L&M in Calgary. Very light and resonant. Almost vibrates right out of your hand. She feels like she's under 7.5 lbs.

If I wasn't over my GAS, I'd be all over it. Gotta grab the good ones when they pop up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, I gotta agree, played it on friday, really impressed, If I didn't already have one... interesting that mine has a "V" shape and that one was rounder, more like a "D" FWIW I think you should buy it Jeff.

Aaron.

·
Registered
283 Posts
my local independant shop has one aswell in sunburst. quite nice. plays nice at least. i dont think id buy a 'new' guitar that looks all beat up though. id feel like a poser lol

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aaron lowen said:
Yea, I gotta agree, played it on friday, really impressed, If I didn't already have one... interesting that mine has a "V" shape and that one was rounder, more like a "D" FWIW I think you should buy it Jeff.

Aaron.
Hey don't tempt me man. I just explained to everyone I was over my GAS. She definately is a gooder though.

If I fall of the wagon it's most likely going to be a tele.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaron,

I spent the whole damn day thinking about how that thing rang in my hands. You bastard!!
I went and put it on my L&M account, are you happy now? :wink: :rockon2:

It weights 7.1 lbs that's amazing for a Strat, my 65' is 7.6 lbs.

I'm going to let the 65' go to finance this one though. I can't justify both strats and this one has toooooo good of wood to let it slip into someone elses hands.

The neck is definately allot less V than yours. Pretty much the perfect size actually.

I might have to put a little hotter pickups in it though.

It looks like Mr. Severson is getting a pickup upgrade for his strat afterall. I'm not trading mine in with all my upgrades in it, I need his pickguard assembly.

Jeff

·
Administrator
16,172 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Aaron,

I spent the whole damn day thinking about how that thing rang in my hands. You bastard!!
I went and put it on my L&M account, are you happy now? :wink: :rockon2:

It weights 7.1 lbs that's amazing for a Strat, my 65' is 7.6 lbs.

I'm going to let the 65' go to finance this one though. I can't justify both strats and this one has toooooo good of wood to let it slip into someone elses hands.

The neck is definately allot less V than yours. Pretty much the perfect size actually.

I might have to put a little hotter pickups in it though.

It looks like Mr. Severson is getting a pickup upgrade for his strat afterall. I'm not trading mine in with all my upgrades in it, I need his pickguard assembly.

Jeff
bwahahahaha... I just knew that GAS thing wouldn't last. Nice try though.

I also have no hope in hell of getting over it. :tongue:

Congrats on a great Strat. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
788 Posts
everytime I say "I'm not buying another guitar" 5 minutes later I'm on all the local classified and ebay checking out what I'm missing out on :tongue:

congrats Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jeff. Sorry Bro. But I think it is great pickup. I didn't want to say it but I like the neck on yours better than mine. even considered buying it myself but didn't have the jingle nor could I justify a pair of '56's. good grab, let me know if you ever decide to part with it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nice score!

People think they can cure the GAS addiction, but, well, they can't.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All is order, got lucky Mr. Mozell is taking it in on Wednesday to give it a proper setup with 11s and a bone nut.

Pickups are on the way. Seymour Duncan Antiquities I Custom Bridge and Antiquity II RWRP middle and straight Antiquity II for the neck.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
All is order, got lucky Mr. Mozell is taking it in on Wednesday to give it a proper setup with 11s and a bone nut.

Pickups are on the way. Seymour Duncan Antiquities I Custom Bridge and Antiquity II RWRP middle and straight Antiquity II for the neck.
Way cool Jeff. I knew the gas relief was only temporary. :tongue:

So, where do I find this Mr Mozell feller... I need a couple guits set up and want to put some of those Glendale saddles on my Broadcaster.

Pete

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sneaky said:
Way cool Jeff. I knew the gas relief was only temporary. :tongue:

So, where do I find this Mr Mozell feller... I need a couple guits set up and want to put some of those Glendale saddles on my Broadcaster.

Pete

287-6779

He's the guy in the Axe Music building. Takes advanced bookings only and is usually 2-3 weeks booked up. Does some of the best work in town IMO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Huuhhmana huuhhmana howwwaahh!

She's gorgeous! Ohhh, and just the right amount of wear IMO.

How much was she? And have you named her yet? Cause a guitar like that deserves a name.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Jeff,

Remember the thread on G.A.S.? You said something like, 'I have this GAS thing under control' and my answer was, 'Yes, and the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese.' Guess the earth is still round and the moon a hunk of rock

Nice axe.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NoTSoAgILe said:
Huuhhmana huuhhmana howwwaahh!

She's gorgeous! Ohhh, and just the right amount of wear IMO.

How much was she? And have you named her yet? Cause a guitar like that deserves a name.
Being the least expensive and most beat up of my guitars she's going to be my Bitch! In fact that's her name. :eek: :smile: :smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts