The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Although it didn’t take long to build, and although the whole shebang cost him less than $150, this was the guitar that would change the world.
The cost of changing the world is only $24,850 ? Sounds cheap to me ! woot

·
Registered
872 Posts
:eek: Stupid. By the looks of what Fender has put out this week it looks like they are kinda going they way of Gibson. Don't get me wrong I love Gibson guitars and play one everyday, but they did some stupid things of the past few years. Now it looks like Fender is playing catch up. Not sure why?!?!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Funny and sad simultaneously.

I recall reading a GP interview with Ed WAY back when he first switched to his sig Music Man guitar, before Peavey. He was asked why the switch, and (about his Frankenstrat) he said something like "Well, it's such a piece of shlt, really.." and went on to talk about how much better his Music Man was.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is pretty ridiculous...I don't know why this would be appealing to someone. Eddie looked pretty rough at the NAMM showcase too. Almost as rough as the guitar. :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
You guys should check out the current issue of Guitar World. I am not a huge Eddie fan, but the article in there about that guitar is REALLY interesting. It's an exact replica not a sig model, and the stories the guy who built has about tracking down items like rolls of 1971 quarters (one is screwed into the body on the original) are really interesting. I think it's still kind of silly, but it's a really cool read.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
yeah, another rip-off to end all rip-offs IMO. I'm the biggest EVH fan in the world (I know I'm really not, but I'm a huge fan anyway) and this is just another example of him trying to make a ton of money on his legacy instead of doing things to keep it going. Those Charvel guitars he played, signed, and sold on Ebay was bad enough, but to have people shell out $25,000 US for a guitar that is essentially a piece of s**t, no matter what the history, is a cash grab of the worst kind for someone like him. IMO.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
ne1roc said:
If I was filthy rich, I'd buy one! Why not?

I think my wife spent that much on shoes last year. :eek:
That made me laugh out loud! It's funny cause it's true.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
gproud said:
yeah, another rip-off to end all rip-offs IMO. I'm the biggest EVH fan in the world (I know I'm really not, but I'm a huge fan anyway) and this is just another example of him trying to make a ton of money on his legacy instead of doing things to keep it going. Those Charvel guitars he played, signed, and sold on Ebay was bad enough, but to have people shell out $25,000 US for a guitar that is essentially a piece of s**t, no matter what the history, is a cash grab of the worst kind for someone like him. IMO.

He totally admits in the GW article that the original cost him about $200 to build.

I personally don't totally agree with you though because the simple fact is there is a market for this guitar. There are huge fans who try to do their own replicas of them and would gladly shell out the money. So that's their choice.

I personally don't see the point, but for some people it will be like a dream come true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts