The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing rumors about this one recently and the demos have started to pop up. I like that they got rid of the volume jumping issue between the blue and green channels. Should have similar pricing to the 6L6 version, so it's a lot of amp for the money.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
I have a feeling one of my friends in BC will be picking one up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love that tone. Reminds me of a Jose modded Marshall.

Edited to say: Holy 80's hair metal riffage on that second video. Nice hair hi-lites too.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Lots of guys liked the 100w 6L6 version as much or better than the el34 version. I love my 50 watter but the volume jump on channels is annoying. I'm still trying to find a tech locally that can install all concentric pots for channel one and two so it has all controls of a three channel amp. Even seperate gain and volumes would be awesome.

The clean channel on these are damn good, and I haven't needed a boost or drive pedal since owning it. Just because its EVH doesn't mean you need to only play metal through it. You can always keep your gain low.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
So do these come with a Wolfgang? :)

First demo, buddy is futzing with the controls after he changes to each channel.
On the second, they cut away between each change. Wtf?

If you're going to have seperate channels,
I'd want to set and forget and just switch with the footswitch, especially in a gigging scenario.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
https://www.long-mcquade.com/files/80560/xmd_1_2256010000_amp_frt_001_nr.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u4fZa-o2qO.jpg

They have a 15 watt lunchbox head.
So do these come with a Wolfgang? :)

First demo, buddy is futzing with the controls after he changes to each channel.
On the second, they cut away between each change. Wtf?

If you're going to have seperate channels,
I'd want to set and forget and just switch with the footswitch, especially in a gigging scenario.

I noticed that too. If you're unaware the first 50 watt version has a volume jump between green and blue channels. At gig volume you don't notice, but for home and practice the clean channel is too quiet. Thats why they added the concentric pots and why I need to get mine modded.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just saw the Anderton vid for this , wow. I then thankfully got directed to the newish 15 watt. Wow also. Nice that it has separate volume and gain for each channel. Time to get rid of this Tubemeister i think

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Cool sounding amp... was talked about for at least 2 years. I used to own 2 of the 5153 6L6 50 watt amps a 2x12 and a 1x12. Gigged them for about a year or so and decided not the amp for me. This one is interesting but I cant see myself going back to EVH for any amp. Love the guitars tho!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Is that because you picked up a Revv? I don't gig often, but have noticed the issue with too much compression. I think I lot of guys use too much gain and resonance but dont let it open up much? Seen a few bands that have it cranked through the EVH 2x12 and you can't even hear them. Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts