The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in one of those moods now. I don't need anything and I don't know what I want. I just have this real urge for something new - guitar, pedal, amp does't matter what.

Weird?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
That is probably the thing that we all have in common here as it will have happened to each of us at some point.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Not so much anymore, but once upon a time, yes. There are a few things I think I want but lots more I think I need to shed. I don't want to leave too much for my family to deal with if I die too soon.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
As soon as I get 1000$ in my "Guitar fund" I go nuts. I check Kijiji every 5 minutes, check here every hour. Its a sickness.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
The "need to buy *anything*" thing only happens once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might want a DSL50 and a 2x12 cab or a Mike Campbell Duesey .................... maybe both? A Klon? A Splawn, or a Q-Tron?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How much you got?

I used to get a high out of buying lots of compact discs. And then I would feel shame. I called myself a good little consumer.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I don't really ever feel I need anything, but when Dad picked up his D28 the other year it was a sound I had to have. I scoured the classifieds for a couple of months until a guy was looking to unload his D18 popped up and I was in love.:D

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I don't really ever feel I need anything, but when Dad picked up his D28 the other year it was a sound I had to have. I scoured the classifieds for a couple of months until a guy was looking to unload his D18 popped up and I was in love.:D
But you didn't buy a D28. You still have to have one.

D18's are great, maybe even my preference, but you didn't do what you set out to do. You must complete your task!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
But you didn't buy a D28. You still have to have one.

D18's are great, maybe even my preference, but you didn't do what you set out to do. You must complete your task!
I know, I just can't break down and drive across the island to pay at least $2500 on a used one... or $3500+ tax on a new one. At those prices the have turns into "I'll patiently wait for the right deal".

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I may have had that feeling when I was a kid. That was a long time ago.

·
Registered
486 Posts
For some reason whenever I find a new place to get vinyl, I feel the need to buy something on my first visit. I have no idea why. Just this week, I found a crappy hole in the wall place.... They had absolutely nothing that I liked, but I found myself with the Miami Vice Soundtrack in my hand asking: "should I, or shouldn't I???" Then I realized what I was doing. I walked out with nothing, and it felt weird.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ever feel the need to buy something - anything?

Yes.

John
thegrumpyoldman

Reactions: davetcan
1 - 20 of 21 Posts