The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i found one of these at a price too good for me to pass up. i have wanted one for years. i it should arrive next week. it just occurred to me ... would this go at the end of my chain, like the spatial effects, or somewhere else?

right now, it goes tuner>ocd>red horse fuzz>blueprint delay>rotovibe>amp
it's not currently here for me to try out, but my instinct tells me it should go before the delay. anyone here care to offer opinions and or experience?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Uh-oh. This ol' bucket of worms. I say that because you already have a pedal in a different order that what I do. (I put my vibe before dirt. ) So while I agree with Budda, and think you should place it before dirt, I think you should try both. Especially if you like your vibe after dirt (where it gives a more pronounced sound).

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say before the dirt.
Uh-oh. This ol' bucket of worms. I say that because you already have a pedal in a different order that what I do. (I put my vibe before dirt. ) So while I agree with Budda, and think you should place it before dirt, I think you should try both. Especially if you like your vibe after dirt (where it gives a more pronounced sound).
tbo i never tried it there. i will today though, to see how i like it.

·
Registered
Telecaster & 339
604 Posts
I took this bit of wisdom as inspiration for pedal order choices this year:

"[Beware as] one becomes increasingly oriented toward results,
and progressively less inclined to engage in experimental activities.
I prefer to shoot the arrow, then paint the target around it."
- Brian Eno

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I think the Eventide pedals have a pre/post mode with the latest firmware, so you can run it in two locations in your chain and assign which location is used per patch. This would allow for lots of experimentation without re-cabling. It means you cannot run it in stereo though.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If you are able to run it in two locations as troyhead suggests, then I think you should do that.
I used to own a Pitch Factor and I can tell you with certainty that the unit contains much more than just pitch shifting capabilities.
It also has some time based effects, some of which are pretty compelling.

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
24,380 Posts
Pitch-shifters are one of the two sorts of effects I recommend to people interested in giving their chops a swift kick in the ass. Much like envelope-controlled filters, they force one to think about your playing differently, and consider factors that hadn't come spontaneously to mind before. Envelope-controlled filters make you think about rhythm more, and pitch shifters make you think about melody more.

Not saying it will be easy, but I think the rewards can be many.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It also has some time based effects, some of which are pretty compelling.
it is one of the things i found most attractive. that and it also seems to track better than anything else i've heard. i considered the h9 for a while, because it also contains the time factor, but the pitchfactor has enough time based stuff to keep me busy for a loooong while.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
it is one of the things i found most attractive. that and it also seems to track better than anything else i've heard. i considered the h9 for a while, because it also contains the time factor, but the pitchfactor has enough time based stuff to keep me busy for a loooong while.
I have the H9 Max now. It has everything in the world and more. I'm not sure if there is an effect it can't do and do very well. Even wah. Just use an expression pedal trigger. The only thing I have not seen in it is anything that compares to the EHX B9 and its siblings, the C9 and such but that isn't really and effect unit as I understand it. More of a synth of sorts..... as I understand it.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have messed around with the pitchfactor for about an hour. since i got it, i been so busy all of a sudden, just short on time. it seems to do more than i expected, but i can tell the learning curve will be steep. when going through the presets, i came up on the synth setting. seconds later, i'm fooling around with "space truckin"

·
Registered
1 Posts
The longer you spend, the more rewarding it will be. There are so many possibilities. Reverse delay, dual delay, infinite reverb, 5-note chords & arpeggios, and on and on and on. There is no end. Get an expression pedal and sweep multiple settings for incredibly dramatic shifts in mood and tone. Take the time to fuly learn it - you'll be a more creative player for having done so.

Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts