The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name is billythekid. Thought that would be easier to remember than billybutnotthekid. I’m in Ottawa. I’m a wannabe guitar player. Coming to it late in the game. I am a bit of a bottom feeder when it comes to guitars. My best old acoustic guitar is a 1971 S. Yairi, Classe 800 - with repaired broken headstock and a well worn (by others) top. Classical designed specifically for my somewhat large hands and tender fingers. My best is a lovely Halcyon from the wilds of BC. My reward for committing to lessons.

Have an attraction to 70’s electrics from Japan. Taro Tele copy, El Torres Les Paul Custom copy in nicely yellowing white, and a minty vintage Vantage. 1960’s Supro amp. I tend to equip myself for future stardom as a means of motivating myself. There’s more but that’ll have to wait. Thanks for wondering. I’m sure this will be an interesting place to be.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome in BtK ! ;-)
P.S. Bring your axes, but you may leave your guns at home... :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the group. I've got big hands too. Make all my guitars for myself with 1.9" nut width and nylon strings 2 1/8". Don't know how small hands play classicals. Lol.
Russ Parker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts