The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wanted to throw out there that i just received my first order from Eurotubes - their vibroverb reissue / standard set. The tubes came in about a week and packaging was substantial.
The amp is very different now! In a good way! The lows are much tighter and highs are much rounder i.e. no shrillness or ice-pick highs. (original speakers changed years ago for Jensen P10R's) The amp feels much more "balanced", you might say. It feels good. The reverb acts differently too, i notice. I need to set it at about 8 to do what it used to do on 4 (this is not a bad thing :))

All in all a good experience with Eurotubes - it didn't break the bank and the amp definately sounds good/better/different/all of these things...

I'm trying to get away from pedals and just plug the Gibson guitar into the Fender amp (yes, i really like Derek Trucks)!

Anyone else using the Vibroverb re-issue?

Cheers,

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I have one, but mine is all NOS tubes, sylvania for power tubes, rft's for preamp and mullard for rectifier, speakers replaced with Eminence Legend 1028k's, but I play through a 2x12 as well with eminence wizard and a governor. Amp sounds amazing either way.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Well, I wanted to throw out there that i just received my first order from Eurotubes - their vibroverb reissue / standard set. The tubes came in about a week and packaging was substantial.
The amp is very different now! In a good way! The lows are much tighter and highs are much rounder i.e. no shrillness or ice-pick highs. (original speakers changed years ago for Jensen P10R's) The amp feels much more "balanced", you might say. It feels good. The reverb acts differently too, i notice. I need to set it at about 8 to do what it used to do on 4 (this is not a bad thing :))

All in all a good experience with Eurotubes - it didn't break the bank and the amp definately sounds good/better/different/all of these things...

I'm trying to get away from pedals and just plug the Gibson guitar into the Fender amp (yes, i really like Derek Trucks)!

Anyone else using the Vibroverb re-issue?

Cheers,

Jim
I use a Vibroverb of sorts. It's a 75 Super Reverb converted to be pretty much a 64 Verb. I'd love to get my hands on a 63 VVRI though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the vibroverb feedback - I really want to like this amp .....( though recently I got to play thru a '64 deluxe reverb that had been modded by Dave Vidal of Vancouver - that thing sounded awesome!!!) Do you guys find that the vvri or even the supereverb are too loud by the time they start to break up nicely? I'm trying to avoid pedals - just the guitar and amp - lots of fun experimenting. I don't play out in public anymore, and I notice now that the vibroverb can be pretty loud at a small jam session -
Jim

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Mine doesn't break up at a volume I can listen to. I use a timmy and a zendrive. My tinnitus is bad enough as it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to know - thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts