The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, picking me wee ones up from school. I come to the 3 way stop along the way, and am waiting, second in line, intending to go straight ahead. Long line of cars and buses behind me. Another car across the intersection is stopped, aiming to turn left. The crossing guard helps some kids to cross blocking the person from turning.

The car ahead of me goes ahead, so I move up into position. The crossing guard is still in the crosswalk. After a couple of seconds I move forward as well. The guy waiting to turn gets VERY agitated at me, even though he can't yet go.

So, was I in the wrong? I don't think so, but am interested to hear what people think.

My wife experienced something similar as well recently.

·
Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,499 Posts
You were OK to go.
If the “next guy” in line can’t go because of a block that doesn’t affect the “next, next guy”, then go.
Ya you can't have every person at the intersection waiting when some of them are able to proceed. Theres a school right at the intersection I am on the corner of. If everyone just sat there for that guys sake it would be a log jam.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I say go if it's safe and the usual next up is prevented from doing so.
Agreed. It's ridiculous for him to think that the entire intersection has to wait until he is able to go. I experience this frequently at an intersection near my home, haven't seen anybody flip out about those who are able going ahead.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
8,545 Posts
The guy behind, I'd flip him the you are number one and then yell at the crossing guard move your ass you fat fuck.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy behind, I'd flip him the you are number one and then yell at the crossing guard move your ass you fat fuck.
Given that these arr nice people standing out in the weatber to help kids when they don't have to, I'll be nice to crossing guards, thanks.

As for the other guy...well, I am sure he was having a bad day. To get that agitated over somethibg small clearly indicates something more was happening.

When this happened to my wife a coupke of days ago, the lady pulled into the lane and cut her off, then flipped her off. Not the best way to go about things, I am afraid.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
When the guy in front if you goes, ride his bumper right behind him. Saw this trick in Montreal...very effective way to piss everyone off AND get through the intersection. Win win

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the guy in front if you goes, ride his bumper right behind him. Saw this trick in Montreal...very effective way to piss everyone off AND get through the intersection. Win win
I don't want to piss anyone off. I just want to get the kids home before they start a knife fight in the back sest.

·
Monster Replier
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
2,690 Posts
My car only has one seat. This way only one kid can travel with me. I made wise life decisions in taking out the rears.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts