The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help us identify the brand/model of a guitar we're now working on.

The guitar has no visible branding but has the characteristics of a late 60s Matsumoku Bruno. Supposedly these were made in Japan to be marketed in Canada.

We're primarily relying on the hardware to identify it, however; this one has two toggle switches. We cannot find any images or descriptions that are a match for this configuration.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
The Bruni Maxitone and the Aria Diamond have very distinct headstocks and look identical to each other but not to this. Got a pic of the headstock?

Bruno Maxitone
upload_2020-1-12_13-6-59.jpeg

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
This could be one of 2 dozen brands that came out of Matsumoko. I have seen the following and all have the same style, but not the exact setup. Teisco, Harmony, Raven, Lyre, Norma, Toledo, Greco, Ventura, Vantage, Univox, Conrad, Orpheus, Kimberly, Columbus, Pan, Orlando I'm sure there are more

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
This could be one of 2 dozen brands that came out of Matsumoko. I have seen the following and all have the same style, but not the exact setup. Teisco, Harmony, Raven, Lyre, Norma, Toledo, Greco, Ventura, Vantage, Univox, Conrad, Orpheus, Kimberly, Columbus. I'm sure there are more
Yeah, those unbranded/rebranded imports were quite the phenomenon. Bewildering really. I just call all of them "matsumoku".

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
this is the closest i could find, Teisco Encore, but the F holes are wrong

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
I also found this. Everything is the same except the horn switches. Pretty sure its correct even down to the trapeze

1 - 9 of 9 Posts