The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,822 Posts
My used Peavey 335 copy was $200.00. No case.

In all fairness, it needed some attention to the electronics. Thank goodness I have rewired many 335s.

The last used Epi 335 I had was $280.00 Again, no case.

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Best alternative I've played was an Epi Elitist 335. They're remarkable instruments, though right around the $1500 mark now. If it was me, I'd probably be looking for an 80's Burny or Greco with that budget. Finally, I've heard very good things about the Edwards 335s, which can be found for about $1K I believe...

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
Ya, older MIJ semi-hollows may fit the bill.

I now have two MIK Epi Semis now, a Supernova and a Sheraton and they're really nice guitars.
Way under your budget too.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
MIJ copies from the 70's are often amazing guitars. I have a 1977 Electra 2281 "Elvin Bishop" model that is almost identical (mine has black PU rings and knobs) and only a few digits away from the serial number on this one:

Very Rare Vintage 77" Electra 2281(ES-335) Tree of Life-Elvin Bishop model-Matsumoku Japan-Fretbound

In the last 20 years I have only played one real-deal 335 that I may have traded mine for.

They are getting rarer, but the good MIJ models are worth searching for. I put a Bigsby B7 on mine, so it now can cover a lot of musical ground.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Wasn’t there some talk about specific Cort hollows on here lately?
Me, I’d be searching for the MIJ’s as suggested by others or Epiphone Elite/Elitists. Failing that, Dots or other Epi hollows like the 339 Pro and mod to taste

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are quality guitars. If you like the specs you will like the guitar.

Im a little biased though, my bandmate is a rev artist.
This one ketches my eye .
the guild starfire v I find real interesting but the price tag scares me off a bit . I’ve never spent that kind of cash on anything before . The Lado would be nice , but getting to buddies house will be a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
This one ketches my eye .
the guild starfire v I find real interesting but the price tag scares me off a bit . I’ve never spent that kind of cash on anything before . The Lado would be nice , but getting to buddies house will be a challenge

That’s a sharp looking guit. I’d like to give one of those a test drive

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine's a Le Marquis F-1000. I like it lots. Can't find much info on Le Marquis guitars, but I got a deal on mine at 370.00 CAD. They're going for about $530.00 now.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Normally I consider reverend to be a ugly guitar but this one doesn’t look deformed .

I like the Yamaha DC thing it has going on an the headstock is a refreshingly modern take unlike Epiphones gaudy rug beater look (sorry, I like Epiphones for the price vs value but they intentionally make the headstocks ugly enough to push people to the Gibby side. Just my take anyway...ymmv)

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
Any one play a reverend ?

I didn't own Reverend semi-hollow, but had a Flatroc and have a Volcano and both are great guitars.
A lot of bang for the buck guitrs, probably one of the best that way.
Giggable guitars off the shelf, imo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What are some decent es335 alternatives for under $1500 .

Prestige . real nice stuff. MAP is 1399 on their 335 style . Tone Pro hardware and SD pickups. cdn wood, built in Korea, finished in Vancouver . good quality and good value for the $ IMO

1 - 20 of 103 Posts