The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
congrats Dave...
Ive heard of stereo amps
but now you can do the stereo guitar thing...
G.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
New (used) Epi 339 day.

"But darling...Yes, they do look very similar, ....yes, they really are almost the same colour...but they sound different!"

Many Thanks to @laristotle for joining me for this purchase.

View attachment 225923
Did Larry join you all the way into your house carrying « his » new guitar that you’re going to rewire for him (until she forgets about it)?

This will work provided 1) you always leave one of them in the case & 2) you have yet to educate Mrs. Greco on the differences between dot, block, trapezoid & parallelogram inlays, soap bars, dog ears, humbuckers & single coils, and & trapeze, wraptail, ABR-1 & Nashville bridges.

You’re probably safe on #2 - - IME phrases like Brazilian Rosewood, cloth push back wire, audio taper potentiometer, AlNiCo IV magnet, diode clipping, etc. result in her quickly changing the subject of conversation.

·
Premium Member
17,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, to be totally honest, Mrs Greco has always been extremely supportive of me buying and selling gear. I am very fortunate.

@laristotle joined me as he was hoping to get a HSC from the same seller...but his guitar was too large across the lower bout(s?) for the case.

We stopped and enjoyed a burger on the way back from making the transaction.

I feel somewhat spoiled with getting this (very) similar guitar...but I deserve it.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Congrats Dave. Epi Twins. I’d like to hear your thoughts on an A/B comparison once you get some good time behind the new one.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
This will work provided 1) you always leave one of them in the case & 2) you have yet to educate Mrs. Greco on the differences between dot, block, trapezoid & parallelogram inlays, soap bars, dog ears, humbuckers & single coils, and & trapeze, wraptail, ABR-1 & Nashville bridges.
3) keep her drunk so she sees two of everything.

Oh wait, that won't work, she'll think you have 4 of them, and then you're really in deep doodoo.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Reactions: greco
1 - 16 of 16 Posts