1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
L&M do show the 1956 Epiphone LP as still being available in their system, so your local store might be able to bring one in for you to try.
Epiphone - 1956 LEs Paul Standard - Goldtop

Is it the p90 pickups that you are after in particular?
If not, you might want to have a look at this Epi Les Paul Standard Pro - Desertburst that is on sale this month and there seem to be quite a few available.
Epiphone - Les Paul Standard Pro - Desertburst
It does have coil splitting for single coil tones .

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Two different guitars, and I would expect both to be good guitars. Pick the one that speaks to you.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
It does have coil splitting for single coil tones
I get that coil splitting probably has its fans and people find good uses for that tone. But I've never found it to resemble a good single coil. Coil splits sound thin and shrill to me, exactly the opposite words I'd use to describe a P90.

Mind you, I typically don't like pickup positions 2 & 4 on a Strat for similar reasons, while other people use them a ton. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. :p

Get whichever feels best in your hands.
I would agree with this suggestion, and add to consider whichever sounds the best to your ears, and whichever looks the coolest to you. :) Seriously... you will probably enjoy playing it more if you like how it looks.

Alas, as always, my advice is to buy a Telecaster
Yes, do this. Just always buy a Tele.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts