The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is interested, Epiphone Elitist Guitars can be purchased by Canadians from,...uh,... Musician's Friend in the U.S. They are MIJ with US electronics, etc. Many consider them just as good, or better than the equivalent Gibsons, at half the price. They have their own unique models too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=Epiphone+Elitist

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Musician's Friend. Just thought you might want to know, eh?:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Ibanez AR series

Do you know where the new Ibanez AR models are made? I have been looking for a good MIJ 80's used one at a reasonable price, mainly because I have had an aversion to the Korean and Chinese Ibanez's. I currently have a 1979 Ibanez Roadster, a 1974 Greco Les Paul and a 1981 Onyx neck thru (similar to Ibanez Musician). Also, a set of EPI Elitist pickups that I would like to install on a hollow body.

I would appreciate more history on the Onyx if anyone has info. Thanks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am very pleased with my Tokai MIK Love Rock. It,s all this old fella will ever need for my LP fix. I,m just amazed at the quality instruments out there today for just about any price range no matter what the country of origin. Alot more choice for everyone and any budget these days.

·
Registered
327 Posts
happyspirit said:
Do you know where the new Ibanez AR models are made? I have been looking for a good MIJ 80's used one at a reasonable price, mainly because I have had an aversion to the Korean and Chinese Ibanez's. I currently have a 1979 Ibanez Roadster, a 1974 Greco Les Paul and a 1981 Onyx neck thru (similar to Ibanez Musician). Also, a set of EPI Elitist pickups that I would like to install on a hollow body.

I would appreciate more history on the Onyx if anyone has info. Thanks.
the 'cheap'(er) ones are Korean, the AR2000 is Japanese.

I agree these are great guitars for the coin, anything that has epiphone on the headstock worries me regarding resale, I tend to go through alot of gear, and if I can't sell it for close to what I've got into it, I just can justify the price, regardless of the quality of the instrument.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd like to try the elitist, I hear great things about them...unlike what i hear and have seen about current Gibby's :rolleyes:
I thought my buudy owned one but it does not have the elitist badge behind the headstock...had to point that out to him and rain on his parrade :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts