The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seriously looking at these for the last couple months, been to a couple stores and played a few. I played a cherry one a few days ago and it played rather well and this one had some tone unplugged. Does anybody here have one of these? I am wondering how they hold up. The cherry one I played last had an excellent build, everything in the right place, nice paint job and the setup was actually fairly nice. Hmmm I seem to be talking myself into it....

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
That's the thing with Epiphones, Some are good, some are dudes, and some are in between. If it feels good and sounds ok and you really want it, then go for it, after a plug in try of course. The thing is, you can always replace electronics.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have thought about the electronics, I would like to try a set of Gretch pickups on it, they make a direct replacement for the buckers. The sound may be interesting as I like the gretch pickups especially the TV Jones.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Robert1950 said:
That's the thing with Epiphones, Some are good, some are dudes, and some are in between. If it feels good and sounds ok and you really want it, then go for it, after a plug in try of course. The thing is, you can always replace electronics.
some are dudes? i hope you mean "dud" :D

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Xanadu said:
some are dudes? i hope you mean "dud" :D
With a few individuals, it can sometimes mean the same. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts