The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I have been hunting for a motivated seller with an Epi Les Paul standard to pick up as my first electric guitar. I just came across a lad with a 2004 Epi Les Paul Classic in Tobacco Burst but I’m unsure of the differences between the standard and the classic.
All I have been able to find out is the classic has a slightly smaller neck and “hotter” pickups with no cover.

Did anyone ever have one? Can someone confirm my findings?
What are anyone’s thoughts on this guitar for a beginner?
If I decide to do this I can pick it up very cheap…. !

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had a Classic Goldtop for a while. Great guitar with a few upgrades. Put some SD pickups in, a new 3 way switch and new pots. Wish i had of kept it. Of course I have a Tokai LR now which i feel is a better instrument out of the box. The differences between the 2 models you mentioned are right on, slimmer neck and open "hotter" PUs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good value at 200 to 250 CDN then...

That would leave me some room to upgrade as you mentioned in the future if I tire of the sound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I don't own one but I have played a few and at that price it would be a good value. The last one I played was an ultra, nice playing guitar and light with the chambered body, like to find one of them for that price.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the lad backed out this morning. I guess he realized he could get more for it!

I took the cash and picked up an amp… there, that made me feel better! :)

So my hunt continues for a used Godin LG, Exit 22 or similar value guitar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts