The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to tell this...

A couple of weeks back I bought a used Empress ParaEQ from a guy here in town. Before now I've always had good luck and everything I've bought used has worked fine, but sure enough this time I try the pedal and the high frequency band is dead and the switch for that side emits a loud click. I message the seller back and he tells me he is sure it was working when he sold it to me, and how does he know I did not do something to it once it was in my possession.

So.. ..I reach out to Empress Effects looking for troubleshooting hints (I build some of my own effects and figured I would give an attempt at repairing this one) or if all else failed an estimate of what they would charge to repair the unit.

Heard back fairly quickly from a gentleman in the service department named Adam who gave me some hints at what to look for.. ..but at the end of the email he stated that he would be happy to repair it at no charge and ship it back to me at no charge. I quickly took him up on his offer and shipped it off. In less that a week they had the unit, repaired it perfectly, and had it back in my hands. Ontario/Halifax both ways if your wondering on the distance involved. To top it all off.. ..the EQ is a revision 4 while the ones they are currently selling I believe are revision 7, so this pedal is at least several years old.

I feel this is going above and beyond a reasonable expectation of customer service and I take my hat off to Adam and the rest of the people at Empress. I emailed Adam back after receiving the pedal and told him that they have a customer for life. To which point I stopped in at my local L&M yesterday and ordered a Nebulus for the new board I am building.

I feel it's important to let others know when a company takes care of a person in this fashion. They should be rewarded for doing so, as a lot of other effects companies I've dealt with often do not.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
25,143 Posts
Great bunch of people. I've had owner Steve Bragg over to the house a number of times (they're local). I was surprised to learn that the Para EQ is, at least as Steve tells it, one of their best sellers.

·
Premium Member
25,143 Posts
Not surprised by a good product being well-received. Just surprised that something which had long been something only appreciated by audiophiles was being received better than the other stellar products that Empress has. The surprise isnot for the product or the sales, per se, but for the attitude of the market itself. Kudos to them.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I recently got a ParaEQ and absolutely love it. Very glad to read this story. A buddy says their Buffer Plus is outstanding too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts