The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riffing on the emotional support peacock thread ("Oh...my...lord..." I think it was titled), what are YOUR emotional support things?

Are they animal, vegetable, mineral?

Guitar? Sweater? Pocket knife? Blanket? Recordings? Shaving mirror? Pictures? Radar O'Reilly's teddy bear?

Or is it a place? A home?

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
I can't think of anything that would cause me to rely on an object, animal, or ritual. My life has not been as tough as some folks here, but I've been through some stuff.

Does talking to others count?

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are objects from which I get significant comfort, but I don't think I would characterize them as emotional support in the same way as are people and belief. One particular guitar, one particular beach, photos and so on, as heartwarming as they are they're still not human touch.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,116 Posts
Bourbon, cigarettes, and Merle Haggard records have gotten me through everything thus far.
I have nothing until they legalize pot :( I gave up the smokes when I had kids and I had to give up the booze cause it was making me fat!

Reactions: cboutilier

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been dry for years, but I used to be very emotionally dependent on beer. I was emotionally dependent on my prostate too, but fucking cancer changed that, and almost sent me back to beer.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Used to have a blanket when I was a little guy to sleep with...

Then I grew up ..... a bit......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts