The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say that I can solder and have swapped pickups. My reason for wanting solderless now is because I want to have an EMG 81/85 set that I can swap out the neck for the EMG 60 easily. It seems pretty cheap considering you get all the pots with the kit.
Anyone have any first hand experience with the EMG solderless kit?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve been meaning to try a new set I. One of my older Ibanez.. it currently have a meg 89 in the bridge and 2 old school DiMarzio shockwave pickups singlecoils I had in the neck and middle.. I didn’t have the bridge shockwave pickup or the special active boost control input.. would love to get one if I come across them though. So my plan is to take out the 2 shockwaves and replace them with new matching emg s or sa... I was thinking about replacing the 89 as well and just putting an whole new emg solderless kit.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a couple demonstration videos for installing on a on a Les Paul style guitar and it seems really easy to put it all together. I think I'm going to give it a shot after the holidays. I've always wanted to try EMG's and this seems like an easy way to do it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I always wondered why guitar manufacturers wouldnt add small wiring harnesses and make it easier to swap pickups. Two wire, four wire, male pins on switches and pots etc. It would take duncan and fender to make it a feature and all others could follow.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts