The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
16,726 Posts
I also received it. Just another reason to dump my cell phone.

Reactions: boyscout
L

·
0 Posts
I'm still old school land line.
I guess I'm f*cked if something goes down?

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Mine kicked up about an Emergancy Alert this afternoon. Kinda reminded me of that church shortly after the DVP going west on the Gardner: sign said The End is Coming Call Jim. There was a phone number and I always meant to call him but it’s hard to get the number when your flying by at 120 mph on a Saturday at 3 a.m. Then one day the sign was gone; maybe Jim cashed in his chips.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
If you do finally hear about something going down, could you please call me on my land line. Thanks in advance.
If anything does go down big time it’s probably best to hide under your desk like they told us in grade school... lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
The TV in my house picked up the alert.

My cell phone is LTE-compatible, but my service contract only gives me 500MB of data per month. To avoid overage fees, I turn off cellular data unless I absolutely need to use it. I thought I did not get the alert on my cell phone because of that. Didn't know about the failure until this morning.

This national alert thing is not run by the same people from the Phoenix pay system, is it? LOL

·
Premium Member
12,582 Posts
Sounds like a really good time to abduct someone. I mean, if you were planning on doing that anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Got nothing the first time. Does that mean I'll get it the second time? Not sure I care.
The things that have almost killed me came without warning, a cyclone, tornado, appendix, cancer, lightning bolt, oncoming transport truck in my lane in a whiteout...

I woke up on this side of the sod this morning. I'm not sure whether to laugh in the face of death or weep with joy.

I got my pocket knife.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts