The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if any of you are having the same problem as me, but i have been unable to load yahoo's page for a week now. that means i can't access my mail, aside from not being able to read their shitty news. it's the only page on the entire internet that won't load for me.

i need to find another place to get an email address. something free, that will allow me to send a reasonable sized file if i need to attach something. i don't use outlook, i always access my mail through my browser.
can anyone recommend something?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
yahoo was great about 10 years ago

then that new CEO took over and it became shitty "news", spam, annoying click-bait in strategic places ( even in your email menu!! ) and basically crap

I use gmail now

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Gmail plus Shaw and Telus out here. I never found Yahoo as good as the others so I just deleted it.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Whatever you choose, do not choose your ISP's "free" email service. If you do, that will become another reason why you won't be able to dump their sorry ass when they undoubtedly piss you off with their incompetence. Choose something you can take with you when you leave.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Interesting, I've just logged into my Yahoo acct without any issues. Are you getting errors when you try to load the Yahoo homepage? Have you tried mail.yahoo.com or are you using a different link?

In terms of other "free" email accounts, I've been using a Hotmail account for nearly 20 years and also have several Gmail accounts...no complaints with either of them.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I use Yahoo mail about 10 years ago and then switched to Gmail. It is much better and I got a lot less spam. As always, there is a bit of a learning curve but nothing difficult.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
I use the mail program that comes with MS Office. It's a better version of Outlook. That Outlook Express or whatever they call the POS that comes with Windows OS, is garbage.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I use the mail program that comes with MS Office. It's a better version of Outlook. That Outlook Express or whatever they call the POS that comes with Windows OS, is garbage.
Yes; all of our people in our company use Outlook for their business mail. Outlook Express was never very good and I think MS is letting that fall by the wayside and going exclusively with Outlook. There is also a free app for it. Outlook is the best email program I have used but I still use Gmail for my personal emails.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Had a problem loading a weather website page for a few days. Looked into it and someone said to hit Control and F5 and it worked. Probably a different issue than yours but worth a try.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i can't load yahoo's page at all.
When you say you can't load it, what do you mean? Is there an error that shows up in the browser? Are you using a shortcut/bookmark to try and get to the page? If so, try either clicking the following link or just typing "yahoo.ca" into your browser's address bar.

Yahoo

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
first i get this

then, after it does the spinny-circly thing for about 3 minutes, the yahoo page comes up.
BUT
if i click on any of the news stories nothing happens at all. if i click on "sign in" the sign in box comes up, but it will cycle endlessly without doing anything.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Interesting. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing data lately? There could be a corrupted certificate clogging things up or perhaps a plugin that's messing with your browser.

How about trying a different browser than the one you are currently using?

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
have also tried vivaldi, no luck there. just now i tried internet exploder, and i could log in and see my mail but it was really slow. up until i moved last week, and went on a different isp, opera worked great. it still works just fine with everything else. just not with yahoo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts