The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've sent a few of these quite efficient ,but I was wondering are they safe, if say the dude on the other end decides to not send the guitar,pedal,whatever? cheers!

I

·
0 Posts
Hey guys I've sent a few of these quite efficient ,but I was wondering are they safe, if say the dude on the other end decides to not send the guitar,pedal,whatever? cheers!
They offer no arbitration services like PayPal does. Although anyone who's been screwed over in a transaction might say PayPal's "help" in these situations is anything but. You have to get the police involved, file a theft/fraud complaint. And let Interac know. The police should be able to get the account details from Interac so you know where they deposited the money and who they really are. I suppose in some ways that's safer than PayPal.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had an interesting experience with Paypal, that left me a little weary about any of their "security" practices.

I recently moved, and had an issue where my paypal account was turned inactive. Normally they mail you a security code to unlock your account, but since my address hadn't changed, (and I forgot to change it on my credit card), they wouldn't send it to my new address, I couldn't wait (had stuff to pay for), so I called them, and told them that I needed it changed, so they changed it for me... The only thing here is that they didn't ask me any security questions or anything..
I got to thinking about this, and i realized that this was a major security hazard.. Potentially anyone could have called, and given false information without having to give any kind of proof of who they are.

Either way, I prefer Email money transfers, they're easier, and the money transfer into my bank account is instant. I dont use Paypal nearly enough to maintain a balance on their system.

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Not sure what you are asking as safe. Coz no matter what payment method you use, if the dude on the other end does not conform to your agreement, you still would need to go through a whole process of trying to get your money back. The only thing that you can be sure of is with email transfers, the money goes directly to the other person's bank account which I assume would not be too hard to trace. As already mentioned by Iaresee.

All my online transactions done here with folks in GuitarsCanada were through email transfers. Never had any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts