The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a new EHX amp that I didn't see anybody cover during the actual NAMM show.

It's a reissue of the Sovtek amp of the same name from the 90s.

What I found interesting was that he said it will be "quite affordable".

It seems to be the year for pedal companies to issue amps. Wampler has one too called the Bravado. Great name that - in the long tradition of braggadocio amp names. Such as the: Deluxe, Special, Custom, Custom-Special, Deluxe Custom Special (OK I made up that last one). Actually, I think I should trademark the name Braggadocio (TM) as my new amp design.

·
Premium Member
16,822 Posts
They better hope they price it the same as what the originals go for now, or why bother? :p

I have a buddy with a MIG 50 and he loves it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd not heard about this amp until this re-issue. Love to play one though. I wonder if L&M will bring them in.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I'd not heard about this amp until this re-issue. Love to play one though. I wonder if L&M will bring them in.
they are rare-ish...and i believe i've heard prone to breakdown...

Great name that - in the long tradition of braggadocio amp names. Such as the: Deluxe, Special, Custom, Custom-Special, Deluxe Custom Special (OK I made up that last one). Actually, I think I should trademark the name Braggadocio (TM) as my new amp design.
this is a Custom Deluxe Special...does that count??

Fender Custom Shop Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special - Emerald Green Transparent

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It totally counts.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I had a Model 001 Mig 50, where they incorrectly labelled the one knob "presense". It was a very nice sounding amp, but was entirely too quiet for me. It had a PPIMV and even with that totally opened, both inputs chained together with a splitter, and both channel volumes at 10 it was too quiet... Maybe the MV mod killed the overall volume? Either way I had to get rid of it because it couldn't even keep up at jams.
If the new one is louder & doesn't have the same internal problems as the Sovtek's I would think it's surely worth $750 though. Great tone!

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Daniel, there had to have been something wrong with yours - I remember those things having a reputation as paint peelers, loud amps.

·
Premium Member
16,822 Posts
I tried one in NJ, at low volume. I liked it but didnt feel I got a full idea of it. At the price, might as well check it out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was watching a youtube vid recently and noticed Josh at JHS must kinda like the Sovteks. Or he got a good deal. Like cheaper than wallpaper kinda good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts