The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it’s a jack with an on / off switch. I’m sorta hoping I can clip something, or solder a jumper onto the switch to make it work like a normal mono guitar jack. I’m such a neophyte with electrical but I’m good at following directions. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,184 Posts
Yes. That's a switching jack.

If you don't plug into it, it routes the signal from one lug (the one at 12 oclock looking from the lug side) to the switched lug at 2 oclock. When you plug in, the signal is routed from the plug's tip to the middle lug (12 oclock) and on down the cable. The ground is the tab at 10 oclock. These are often used to have a combo amp 'normaled' to an internal speaker that then gets switched off (removed from circuit) when you plug in an external speaker cable.

Just don't use that lug at 2 oclock for anything and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
That’s a switched output jack.

They’re commonly used for active pick up sets like EMG.

I think if you clip the short contact leg that touches the tip contact the jack will work like a normal 1/4 “, but I’d need to have one in my hand to be sure.

Edit:
Hi Deaf is correct.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Awesome. Just to clarify, the 2’oclock tab which I’ll ignore is the one attached to the furthest inward insulating ring, or the one facing the viewer in the first pic I posted... Is my understanding correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts