The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this company? Wanting to order a Wampler Tumnus deluxe and I see they have stock.

·
Administrator
17,302 Posts
Superb.

Make sure you let Charles know you're a member here.

Reactions: ElectricMojo

·
Administrator
17,302 Posts
Probably depends on the item but I've never been disappointed, although i have bought quite a few things from him over the years.

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
Is there a monetary incentive to do that or is it more just for their stats?
You will get a discount (or at least we used to) - his dealer thread should have that info.

I too have bought from charles via the forum and he was great to deal with.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG isn't that thing amazing?

Ive had mine for about a year and I love it. I don't even understand what it it doing but it sounds great.
I was just checking that Solodallas storm out. What guitars and amps are you using it with?

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I was just checking that Solodallas storm out. What guitars and amps are you using it with?
I use mine with all of my guitars and amps, both modellers and my Marshall Mini Jubilee. I also used it with my Traynor YBA-1 Mod1, Traynor YGL1 and Vox AC4C1-12 with great results. All those amps are gone now (unfortunately), but the pedal worked well with all of them. It can add a bit of life and sparkle to your tone or, if you set it up for it, it can really boost things up quite a bit. As @zdogma said, I’m not quite sure how it does it, but I like what it does.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Yeah, I use it with my Dr Z Route 66 and Matchless C-30. Guitars are a Suhr strat and a Gibson historic R7. Works really well with both. It compresses (I think, sort of), boosts (if you want) and adds a bit of brightness and upper mid. It doesn't compress nearly as much as a typical compressor, and has no obvious effect on the attack, so it wouldn't really work for chicken picking or anything like that.

Apparently the circuit is a "compander" (compressor/expander) with a limiter.

In the simplest terms, it makes the amp feel and sound like it is cranked up without increasing the volume (but you can boost the volume if you want)

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I use it with my Dr Z Route 66 and Matchless C-30. Guitars are a Suhr strat and a Gibson historic R7. Works really well with both. It compresses (I think, sort of), boosts (if you want) and adds a bit of brightness and upper mid. It doesn't compress nearly as much as a typical compressor, and has no obvious effect on the attack, so it wouldn't really work for chicken picking or anything like that.

Apparently the circuit is a "compander" (compressor/expander) with a limiter.

In the simplest terms, it makes the amp feel and sound like it is cranked up without increasing the volume (but you can boost the volume if you want)
I was all set to order the Wampler Tumnus but what I heard on youtube with this Solodallas storm has me intrigued. Which one do you's both have the preamp boost and compressor or the schaffer replica preamp and boost. Not sure what the difference is. Will have to look more in to it.
Looks like the Solodallas storm replica schaffer is about $100 more. The description on Electric mojo says the same thing about both of them

1 - 20 of 38 Posts