The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I'm playing normal guitar music, i want to play electric guitar. Play electric guitar and guitar have the same way play. Who knows can guide me not. I want to play guitar songs or to make ringtones (sonneries mp3). Thank you!

·
Registered
12,315 Posts
both electric and acoustic are played the same way, but electric requires less strength in your hand. what sort of guidance are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If you play electric you will eventually want to play in a band.

Step 1: Find an old out of shape singer who drinks too much and thinks he is God's gift to wimmen.

Step 2: Find a drummer who will play so insanely loud you will need a full 100 watt Marshall stack with 2 4x12 cabinets so you can hear yourself.

Step 3: Find a lead guitar player who will put you down, bitch about your volume and tone, show up late, and play over you and try to overpower whatever amp you have.

Step 4: Find a bass player who remains in a constant drunken stupor, but who will show up and play something for you and the lead guitar player to fight over.

Step 5: Start counting the millions of dollars that will eventually pour in, but make sure to save up for band member funerals.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
I checked out the theory course, its $200 USD, which seems high compared to others I have looked at. I am not saying the course isn't worth it, just that $200 USD is a bigger number than I am used to seeing for lessons.
They go on sale all the time. I've bought course bundles for way less than that. Now I've got something like 15 courses in my queue.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
@Hafwene . Both Electric and Acoustic guitars play the same way as far as chords, notes, tuning, and playing are concerned. Electric is easier to play but you will need an Amplifier to project the sound. If you are having a hard time playing the Acoustic (Normal?) guitar will be more difficult to begin with, but it will help you build your finger and hand strength. Choosing Electric to begin is perfectly fine if that's what you choose. Many people choose to begin with electric. The most important thing for you is to choose a guitar that is comfortable and easy to play and allows you to play songs that you want to play. Depends on you and no one else. There is no right or wrong type of guitar to start with. It's a very personal choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Hafwene . Both Electric and Acoustic guitars play the same way as far as chords, notes, tuning, and playing are concerned. Electric is easier to play but you will need an Amplifier to project the sound. If you are having a hard time playing the Acoustic (Normal?) guitar will be more difficult to begin with, but it will help you build your finger and hand strength. Choosing Electric to begin is perfectly fine if that's what you choose. Many people choose to begin with electric. The most important thing for you is to choose a guitar that is comfortable and easy to play and allows you to play songs that you want to play. Depends on you and no one else. There is no right or wrong type of guitar to start with. It's a very personal choice.
thank you for sharing

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Nvm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts