The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone here has ever run EL34's in a fender amp. If so what were your thoughts on them? I've played a few old fenders over the years that were converted to EL34s and I have to admit I found them very interesting and good sounding.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
There's a very knowledgeable fellow over on the Gearpage.net who is a tech in Scotland (named John Philips) and I read a post of his a while ago in which he listed all the factors that determine an amps tone and he actually listed the tube type quite far down the list. I believe that it went something like:

1. actual circuit design
2. speaker
3. Cab construction
4. tube type

Maybe you could do a search over there. I find most of his posts to be good reading.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
There's a very knowledgeable fellow over on the Gearpage.net who is a tech in Scotland (named John Philips) and I read a post of his a while ago in which he listed all the factors that determine an amps tone and he actually listed the tube type quite far down the list. I believe that it went something like:

1. actual circuit design
2. speaker
3. Cab construction
4. tube type

Maybe you could do a search over there. I find most of his posts to be good reading.
Yes, I've read a number of is threads and replies. He definitely seems knowlegable,... and prolific - over 10,000 posts I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts