The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im looking to retube my JSX - birthday and whatnot lol. (still need a job tho..)

have any of you guys with EL34 amps tried KT77's? what did you think?

i'm down with experimenting, its just the $130 or so i'll be spending.. lol

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I put a set in a 50 watt JCM 800 and they were nicer than any of the current production EL 34 that i've used. Slightly higher headroom, more bottom, better definition.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put a set in a 50 watt JCM 800 and they were nicer than any of the current production EL 34 that i've used. Slightly higher headroom, more bottom, better definition.
What kind of guitar are you using and what type of music do you play. I ask because it makes a huge difference in the sound.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im gonna be using a PRS copy and my gibson LP studio.

i stick to metal and punk for what i play, sometimes i turn the gain way down and the volume way up and bust out 3 chord wonders. but predominantly metal, with some punk in there too.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Get a job, y' bum :wink: !!!

Naw, I never settled down to full time work until I was 29.

Look at it this way. A job provides you with income for what you really want to do. sdsre

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i worked 7 days a week for 3 months this summer...

and it looks like i'll be workin weekends here in L-town just to keep up lol

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
appaerntly im blind haha.

im thinking they will work well for what i want to play... now to come up with the funds!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im really hoping that they will warm the clean channel up even just a smidge, that would make me a very happy camper.

hm, what to spend the birthday money on.. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts