The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I tried this on at LM mississauga yesterday. I did so with the expression pedal. Man it's really neat. I find it super useful. more for the soloing than the strumming. The picked rhythm playing would be able to use it too.

there's a big difference between the pre and post fuzz. the bias immitates the batter dying (I think) and makes for a choppy sound at the bottom, most drive and dirt at about 60% and at full it actually cleans up a bit.

I'm surly thinking of getting one. problem is that I don't have the cabbage right now and there are none on the used market yet. I will say tho that $139 at LM is a pretty good value. the expression pedal is another expense but a must for my liking. It would be one of those pedals that ends up having 1-3 go to sounds and playing that role really well.

caioza amigo de GC

@sambonee is outa here.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That one's been at the top of my list for a while now. I too played one at L&M and I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Two separate guys came over too, to see what was causing all the excellence. Birthday maybe?

I like that you can pick a Freq value for a certain song, (mark it with a sharpie if there is more than one song) and get the right squealing every time, with no treadle fussing.

Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
With an expression pedal, the wah section by itself is really sweet. I like that you can easily dial it in to fit in a mix. Simple and versatile.
The fuzz is decent, basically a silicon FF circuit. Nice little add-on but not the highlight IMO. The manual doesn't mention it but there is a bias trimmer on the circuit board that you can tweak to your liking.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Rent it! You get to take it home and play with it and that rent goes towards the purchase of the product if you ever choose to do so.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. I know. it's a thought. thing is that I'm constantly putting playing music ahead of chores that don't want to be done, (by me!). instead of jamming.

fewf I said it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts