The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Which one is best sounding and just plain best?

• Line 6 Floor POD

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Zoom G2.1u

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DigiTech RP350

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ToneWorks AX1500G

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Make your mind up, :tongue:

Price range is $200 CDN or USD? The links you gave were for MF which is USD. You want a tube tone? Use the tube amp, nothing can match it (especially in that price range).

Want something digital and portable? Get a used PODxt... small and portable, also has USB out which you could use to record stuff at home.

I used one of those Zoom 505's (I think that's the model? It's a tiny little thing) and it sounded so fake and harsh to the ear it's not even funny... I've heard the same about a lot of Zoom products. Check out the Vox Tonelab, I don't know how much that costs but apparently it sounds decent. Digitech, same deal with the distortion tones sounding fake and harsh, I've heard they break easily as well.

Distortion? Keeley modded MT-2 or one of those Damage Control pedals (they're effin' expensive though). Seriously, that modded MT-2 rocks. My friend uses that instead of the distortion on his Peavey XXX (which anyone who has used the amp knows it ROCKS).

If I were you, I'd sell or trade the half stack for a combo if it's a pain in the ass to move around for you. Like shit, I see JCM900 and JCM800 combos for like $900 used all the time around here. Get that, a pedal case for pedals and then your gear is easily portable. To me, that seems like the most sensible solution.

There be my opinion(s).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
violation said:
Make your mind up, :tongue:

Price range is $200 CDN or USD? The links you gave were for MF which is USD. You want a tube tone? Use the tube amp, nothing can match it (especially in that price range).

Want something digital and portable? Get a used PODxt... small and portable, also has USB out which you could use to record stuff at home.

I used one of those Zoom 505's (I think that's the model? It's a tiny little thing) and it sounded so fake and harsh to the ear it's not even funny... I've heard the same about a lot of Zoom products. Check out the Vox Tonelab, I don't know how much that costs but apparently it sounds decent. Digitech, same deal with the distortion tones sounding fake and harsh, I've heard they break easily as well.

Distortion? Keeley modded MT-2 or one of those Damage Control pedals (they're effin' expensive though). Seriously, that modded MT-2 rocks. My friend uses that instead of the distortion on his Peavey XXX (which anyone who has used the amp knows it ROCKS).

If I were you, I'd sell or trade the half stack for a combo if it's a pain in the ass to move around for you. Like shit, I see JCM900 and JCM800 combos for like $900 used all the time around here. Get that, a pedal case for pedals and then your gear is easily portable. To me, that seems like the most sensible solution.

There be my opinion(s).
good advice, thanks. Its hard to make up your mind. Ill look into the modded MT2...can it do lighter distorted sounds as well? or just only good for metal, etc?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just turn down the volume knob on your guitar until you get the overdriven tone you want. Or crank it to 10 for face melting metal. Otherwise, I'd say it's strictly a hardcore metal pedal, lol hey that rhymed.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tried the guitar processor route and wound up back at a tube amp and individual effects, simpler and IMO more effective...

·
Premium Member
16,639 Posts
PaulS said:
Tried the guitar processor route and wound up back at a tube amp and individual effects, simpler and IMO more effective...

I've done the same thing, although I disagree that it's simpler.

I used a Tonelab SE live and in the studio for more than a year and it was definitely simpler than hooking up my current reg.

You just lay it on the floor and plug in a couple of DI's.

As for simpler to use, once it's programmed, nothing could be simpler to use.

But different strokes for sure.

I changed out of boredom, not dissatisfaction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts