Votes: 236 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 13.9%

• Total voters
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I go back and forth, right now my 2 gigs, rockabilly..need a boost and a delay, the other blues rock thing is about eight pedals, people still think I'm not using them, and that was the goal for me believe it or not..seems a bit backwards but as soon as I start hearing the board I end up tossing it..sq #1 all over.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Any old sauce is just a sauce until you add flavour. Effects are the herbs and spices that make a guitar's tone sauce taste just right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I do collect pedals, for now just for fun but later may use them to gig.
Most of the time I plug my guitar straight into POD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Definitely love running pedals! For me, they open up so many tonal possibilities, which is very important in the styles I play.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
While I couldn't imagine not using a few effects, especially when playing covers, I think its a good exercise to do just that.

If I'm just jamming blues or something straight-forward like that, I think its good to do the guitar-cable-amp thing every now and then. I don't know if others feel the same, but sometimes I wonder if the effects aren't a bit of a crutch?

·
Registered
104 Posts
For some bands use pedals, others I don't. Funny thing is, I tend to play better hwen I don't use them. I guess it really makes me work harder why I don't use them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fx

I use a TS 808 re-issue (MIJ) and a Dynacomp MXR 1979 Compressor.
I really want to get my hands on a Ibanez UE 300 or 305 that accomplishes that in one pedal.
Ben

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Being a one channel amp kind of guy, stopboxes are indispensible for me. I need at least a boost and an overdrive. Right now my chain is Guitar --> Boost - Volume Pedal - Deluxe Reverb pedal (gives me an extra tremolo and reverb as well as a nice 2nd clean sound)- Reverend Drivetrain II - EHX English Muffn -->amps. I also sometimes pull out my wah, my pignose fuzz or use my rack for stereo delays and reverbs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used to be a one chord guy. TB pedals make it a little easier to live with a few pedals always hooked up. Used to be I'd plug in the wah just once or twice a year for the heck of it. Now I roll with

Octaver->Wah->Vibe->Delay

Not really into dirt pedals in front my Marshall. I am getting a FF for that Monterey sound. Have a LTD Silver that's killer with amps that don't really have any overdrive of their own.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like pedals, but I almost never use them live. They never sound the same as they do at home, and the simpler my rig the easier/less frustrating it is to dial it in.

If I do use them live it's usually just a wah and a Phase 90 for colour.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts