The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow gear nuts, I have a gear question, regarding my setup, I have been asked to play both electric and acoustic guitar in my band, so I'm trying to combine my electric pedalboard and my acoustic pre amp, The preamp is a tone bone pre-Z which has a toggle switch for two inputs,a boost or loop option and I mute option my other petals include an overdrive and distortion and a delay pedal ,
My question is would you put the distortion and overdrive in the loop and leave the delay in line? This way I could toggle between my electric guitar with the loop and my acoustic guitar without the loop and still have delay on everything ? Is there any other way I should try ?%5BURL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/s...7-D9E5-491C-8F3E-58EC712E2B17.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Put the drives in front and put the preamp and delay in the loop. Plug your acoustic straight into the preamp, bypassing your guitar preamp and using just the power amp and speakers.
Guitar speakers are not ideal but it may sound good.

The way to wire your loop:
Plug one delay input into the send of the loop.
Plug the output of the acoustic pre into the other input of the delay
Send the delay output into the return of the loop.

This way you get delay through both electric and acoustic rigs.

Just reread your thread. Your way may work. My way assumes you use the loop of your guitar amp. I have no idea if your amp has a loop. Disregard if you don't

·
Registered
820 Posts
Aha. Then the problem you'll encounter is you'll always go through the acoustic preamp even when playing electric. It may sound good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts