The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just watched the "coolest 2017 namm video" (see other thread) and am now wondering about GC members love for their EBMMs.

So what do you have, how long have you had it, and what do you love about it? Pics expected, of course.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I think they are great guitars. I haven't owned one in a long time but wouldn't hesitate to have another. The EBMM with P90 and preamp was my number #1 when i was in a cover band. On the used market, they rank high for bang for the buck imo.

Unfortunately i don't have a pic of the guitar itself. This is an old pic as my son is 17 now.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Here is an old pic of mine... I still have the guitar of course but no pics readily available. Mines an '02 JP6 that I got with the help of my family as a gift for graduating with my first degree from University. I'm a long time fan of John Petrucci and probably saw them 3 times before placing an order for the guitar. I had to get all the upgrades at the time so it loaded with piezo, JP shield inlays and Mystic Dream paint. I stopped playing for 10 years and only in the past year have I picked guitar playing up. It was my number #1 and was replaced by a JS1200(now gone)...
old rig.JPG

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
I've owned a few, a P90 AL, HH AL, Axis SS, JP6 and a Silo Special.

Probably the best feeling necks that I've tried, though finding the right fit can be a challenge.
The ALs are a bit thinner at the nut, but still have a nice bit of depth to them.
Fit and finish is excellent and as mentioned a good bang for the buck used.

The only one left is the P90 AL, I've had it for around six years now and it's a keeper.

I think that it was one of the first guitars that I got in the forum.

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
I'll join in tomorrow. My first ebmm was a brown and gold Luke. My second was a Luke bfr. I have had at least 6.

·
Administrator
17,159 Posts
I've been down this particular rabbit hole, of course, and they are as good as anything out there. Quality is uniformly excellent but as Jock has stated the necks can be an acquired taste. I have big hands and a couple of the guitars I had were a bit too much on the small size neck wise, as is the Parker I have for sale right now. Having said that all were still very comfortable and some of them were outstanding. Of all of them my one real regret is my old AL HH pictured here.

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
I've been down this particular rabbit hole, of course, and they are as good as anything out there. Quality is uniformly excellent but as Jock has stated the necks can be an acquired taste. I have big hands and a couple of the guitars I had were a bit too much on the small size neck wise, as is the Parker I have for sale right now. Having said that all were still very comfortable and some of them were outstanding. Of all of them my one real regret is my old AL HH pictured here.

That guitar is still in London with my cousin.

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
I'll join in tomorrow. My first ebmm was a brown and gold Luke. My second was a Luke bfr. I have had at least 6.
Only 6? I'm surprised. :D

I've never owned one, haven't played one I really liked right off the bat. But I'm more of a buy-and-hold kinda guy. I do like that they have their own look and body style going on. That is rare in 'guitar-world'.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been down this particular rabbit hole....Of all of them my one real regret is my old AL HH pictured here.

That's a nice pic and a nice looking guitar. I'm liking how EBMM goes their own way, not copying Gibson and Fender. Love my Strat as you know, but for something different, EBMM's look pretty cool.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Complete love/hate relationship for me.
I love the overall looks, dark cherry burst, bird eye maple neck. The neck feels and plays great, it's light but has nice sustain.
I love the controls :) that is the perfect number of buttons and switches for me...
I love a bigsby so I hate the trem system and the fine tuners seem out of place and in the way.
The locking nut I can take or leave - I think it is going to go up for sale/trade before long.

IMG_0019.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_0021.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts