The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on Ebay there are real POS guitars with lots of bids. We know the bids are shills, but they are now hidden thanks to the new Ebay policy. Thanks Ebay................

·
Registered
635 Posts
I can still see bids. There was always an option for sellers to hide the bid history though. I think you've just run across a few of those auctions.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
The item has to hit $200 before it hides them.
It looks like you're kind of right.

"In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page."

Maybe it's an option that the seller has to select, because I can see the bidders in some auctions and not in others. Or maybe one of the auctions that I can see the bids in was started before the policy came into effect. I don't know.

I don't like it though. Accept is right- you can't see how many zero feedback shill bids there are. Not good at all.

·
Registered
635 Posts
After clicking around tonight, this isn't all that bad. Although the bidders nicknames are anonymized to "bidder ##", you still have access to how much feedback they have, how much of it is positive and negative, and their recent bidding history.

The amount of information provided is actually quite comprehensive.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
wish they would spend some time tightening up their system from hijackers stealing accounts.

This seems to be a result of the BIG bust in Chicago in December. They have yet to acknowledge how bad the Romanian and Spanish scams are. There was a guy listing 18 B3's over the last 2 days that were ALL the same organ.

Totally disillusioned with the system. Now you won't be able to tell if your buddy is bidding against you .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts