The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Has anyone played one of these? I can't seem to find any good reviews. Eastwood website says the neck is more Fender like as opposed to Mosrite. 10" radius, medium jumbo frets.

The Rivolta had a great review by John Bolinger with GP. I had a Fano at one point and the Rivolta is another of his creations. 12" radius, set neck, P 90, mahogany body with double binding.

eastwoodguitars.com/products/sidejack-pro-dlx?variant=12299702272085

eastwoodguitars.com/collections/rivolta/products/rivolta-combinata

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
The bridge on those sux; same as on lower end offset Fenders. Tuning stability and saddle buzz issues. If you know that going in and don't care/are willing to upgrade or mod to fix it then alright.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bridge on those sux; same as on lower end offset Fenders. Tuning stability and saddle buzz issues. If you know that going in and don't care/are willing to upgrade or mod to fix it then alright.
Oh ya. Same as a Jazzmaster/Jaguar. But Mastery makes good upgrade parts. I was more concerned with the neck/fret work

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're considering the Eastwood, then I'd also take a good look at Hallmark guitars: Hallmark Guitars

I recently got a Custom 60 (NGD posting incoming as soon as I find the time to take some decent pics!)

It's a bit of a different beast (24 3/4 scale on the Hallmark vs 25 1/2 on the Eastwood) but the Hallmark bridge/tremolo is really nice. The Hallmark's fretwork is flawless (at least on mine). That thing basically plays itself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the frets a more modern feel? Medium jumbo or so?
If you're considering the Eastwood, then I'd also take a good look at Hallmark guitars: Hallmark Guitars

I recently got a Custom 60 (NGD posting incoming as soon as I find the time to take some decent pics!)

It's a bit of a different beast (24 3/4 scale on the Hallmark vs 25 1/2 on the Eastwood) but the Hallmark bridge/tremolo is really nice. The Hallmark's fretwork is flawless (at least on mine). That thing basically plays itself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contacted Bob at Hallmark. I will order one when I have the budget. What color is yours?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was just logging in to say contact Bob to ask regarding frets :) He can probably tell you exactly what size they are.

Mine is Surf Pearl. It's rather unique, very nicely done. It fits that guitar's vibe quite well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts