The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Why do you suppose they felt it was necessary to spell this out?

Appointment booking for COVID-19 vaccine clinics is currently open to adults 62 years-of-age and older (i.e., born in 1959 or earlier).

Maybe I need to chill out a bit but are they saying people are too dumb to know what year they were born?

If you were born any time after April in 1959, you're not 62 yet.

I was born in December of 1960 and guess what? I'm not 61 yet...

It would be more clear if they left that ie section out completely in my opinion.
I believe they were trying to clarify some earlier confusion. Essentially you were "valid" if you were a particular age or were hitting that age in the current year. Does it help? It might have but there are so many ifs, ands, and buts everybody is probably confused. Age, hot spots, profession, doctor's recommendations, pharmacy vs clinic .......

All I know is that I'm booked for tomorrow but today I have been reading about a lot of cancellations due to shortages.

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
I believe they were trying to clarify some earlier confusion. Essentially you were "valid" if you were a particular age or were hitting that age in the current year. Does it help? It might have but there are so many ifs, ands, and buts everybody is probably confused. Age, hot spots, profession, doctor's recommendations, pharmacy vs clinic .......

All I know is that I'm booked for tomorrow but today I have been reading about a lot of cancellations due to shortages.

Well, it would be much clearer if they said one or the other.

If you were born in the year 1959 or earlier.....Everybody knows the year in which they were born.

or

If you are 62 years old or older....again, people know this stuff.

Meh, I'm just getting impatient and a bit bitchy about it.

·
Premium Member
25,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
My guess is that it started out as an age, rather than birth-year, thing. But when people started showing up saying "I'll be turning XX in 3 weeks", or similar, especially given how many married couples are fairly similar in age, where one of the pair showing up is only a wee bit younger than the other, administrators probably said "Screw it. If they're born in the same year, let 'em in."

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
My wife is 56. I’m 66. Here in BC we are mostly going by age except for areas with active outbreaks. The Aztra Zeneca is limited to 55 to 65. Because of vaccine hesitancy amongst the 55 to 65 group there are lots of spots available so my wife got her’s last week. I get a Pfizer jab tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I got my first jab today.

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
I got my first jab today.
Very good!

I got my first on Thursday (3 days ago) and I woke up a little stiff this morning but otherwise no issues but a bit of soreness in the shoulder for the first day.

Remarkably I am a much better guitarist all of a sudden :unsure:

·
Premium Member
25,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It's comforting to see so much of our community here get vaccinated, either recently or in the near future. The Hammers get their turn this coming Friday.

As for sore shoulders, that's a pretty common reaction to any vaccination, and not indicative of anything unique to the vaccine you folks received.

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
My wife received AZ yesterday.

I go for my Pfizer this afternoon.

For me this is a big deal. Considering how much we have sacrificed and for how long, this little prick in the arm is a major turning point / milestone in our path back to.....normal?

I realize that they need to be careful and all that, but I think we need vaccinating beserkers going nuts in crowds with needles.

Get some Edward Needlehands fucker going crazy in a crowd of protestors.....

Nevermind all this dancing around and lining up

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
Ok, maybe a needle handed whacko is a tiny bit "out there".

I'll reign that in a bit.

Today, 4-20 now feels like a turning point, an important milestone for me in this whole mess. Other than a slightly sore shoulder, I feel zero impact from the Pfizer shot I received yesterday.

For me it's light at the end of a long tunnel. Is it possible I can have a little BBQ on Canada Day and actually hug my grand daughter and my Dad?
I'm not a real huggy sort of person, but after a year....

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
My Husband and myself got our shots April 4 th because we live in a designated hot spot according to our postal code. We got the Pfizer one. Next shot is same place, same time August 1st.

patience and adaptability will get you through this mess.

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
My Husband and myself got our shots April 4 th because we live in a designated hot spot according to our postal code. We got the Pfizer one. Next shot is same place, same time August 1st.
My wife took the AZ on Sunday and I took Pfizer yesterday. In this city they're still only down to 60 years old and older for Pfizer.

At the rate they're going (about 600 / day) it could be two weeks before they get down to my wife's age (I did rob the cradle a bit there) and she wanted to be vaccinated sooner rather than later so she went the pharmacy route. Smart woman.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Wife & I got ours yesterday. Her family has a long history of blood clots, so I'm really, really glad it was Pfizer, but I would have rolled my sleeve up for just about any of them. Well, except for the few cases of incompetence where some people received just saline. How is that mistake made??

Next appointment already booked for Aug 9th.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Posting about getting the vaccine is really going to upset the anti-vaxxers on the forum. They have feeling too. 😷

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Man o man the AZ vaccine knocked the crap out of me. My arm was throbbing all day Monday. I had zero appetite after the jab so I basically fasted that day which triggered an all night/all day Monday migraine... Couldn't sleep because of the throbbing and the migraine. Called in sick Monday, I even had the chills off and on a few times. Silver lining is my work decided that even though I am on probation they are paying me for the full day.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Man o man the AZ vaccine knocked the crap out of me. My arm was throbbing all day Monday. I had zero appetite after the jab so I basically fasted that day which triggered an all night/all day Monday migraine... Couldn't sleep because of the throbbing and the migraine. Called in sick Monday, I even had the chills off and on a few times. Silver lining is my work decided that even though I am on probation they are paying me for the full day.
Sounds like you have some of the possible side effects. You should probably call Telehealth (https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario) (or your doctor). Glad your getting paid for the day though.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
When I got my shot the nurse told me that my arm would be sore. The next day I woke up and it hurt. Couldn’t do full range of motion but I was good the next day.

·
Premium Member
25,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Very good!

I got my first on Thursday (3 days ago) and I woke up a little stiff this morning but otherwise no issues but a bit of soreness in the shoulder for the first day.

Remarkably I am a much better guitarist all of a sudden :unsure:
Makes me want to tell the nurse, when it's my turn, "I'll have what he's having". ;)

61 - 80 of 133 Posts