The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
The bass is the very best instrument to teach your ear the natural truths of music harmony. The more I play music, the more I realize that the bass is the most influential instrument on stage.

Congratulations - you should be so happy to see him loving music.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I think I have that same bass in the same colour, RB850? It’s very good.

It has push-push pickup splitting, which can be confusing if you don’t know what it’s doing.

I set it to full humbucker, get the balance right between the pickups. It really booms.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J
I think I have that same bass in the same colour, RB850? It’s very good.

It has push-push pickup splitting, which can be confusing if you don’t know what it’s doing.

I set it to full humbucker, get the balance right between the pickups. It really booms.
Yup, Ibanez Roadstar RB850. It's an older one, made in 1985, but it's in great shape. I don't think it has push/pull, I believe it's just volume, tone and blend knobs.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
I play sometimes as well--although I'm not a youth.
Although last time I played we had a 14 year old drummer--and he was quite good.
Very easy to play bass with.
He's got great sense of rhythm

So cool for you to see your son do this & cool for him.

Any experience playing with others & in front of others helps you improve--as well as the other good things about all of this.

Reactions: GuitarT

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
We always joke that guitarists and keyboardists are a dime a dozen but good drummers are rare so we have to keep them in a bullet proof box.
What about us piano players, there's less and less of us every day. We should at least have a guitar player in front of us for protection from flying hymn books.:) Kid's today don't want to practice. Prove me wrong. If your kid plays piano, post a pic.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
What about us piano players, there's less and less of us every day. We should at least have a guitar player in front of us for protection from flying hymn books.:) Kid's today don't want to practice. Prove me wrong. If your kid plays piano, post a pic.
I'm not being fatuous when I say there are more kids coming up learning piano that they transition into some sort of pads/synth than there are kids coming up playing guitar these days. As for practice... adults don't want to practice either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts