The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else got a song running through their head?

This happens to me quite often but it has been out of control the last week or so as I've got "Pure and Easy" by The Who running through my head on an endless loop. It is so bad that it is running through my head when I wake up in the middle of the night. I am listening to Elton John right now but still have "Pure and Easy" at the back of my mind. I just can't get it out of my head for some reason. Oh well, at least it is a good song by a great band.

Anyone else suffering from an ear worm lately?

·
Premium Member
26,668 Posts
Friday, I was cursed with the old tune by Donovan "There is a Mountain". One thing to have a tune repeating, and quite another for it to also have lyrics that make no sense to you.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead. I went to my daughter’s dance performance last Sunday and it was one of the numbers. It didn’t click until a couple of days later that that was the reason it was stuck in my head and I was inspired to learn to play it. My daughter said “hey, that’s one of our dance numbers” and I remembered where the ear worm had started.

As is often the case with Radiohead, the right hand strumming pattern variations are important to capturing the feel of the song. It was fun to learn and, while somewhat of a downer, it’s a beautiful tune.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Does anyone else constantly have music in their head? I can’t think of a moment when there isn’t some tune or part of a tune or something new I’ve never heard running through my head.

As I write this, it is Notion by Kings of Leon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts