The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every so often some tune gets stuck in my head. Usually it’s something that I have not heard in a long time.

Late last night, San Franciscan Nights, by the Animals started boring a hole in my OCD portion of my brain.

This morning it was still there, so I picked up my POS Telecoustic, and let the worm out.

It evolved so beautifully, as if it was always in me. Right now I am enamoured by the simple beauty, and progression of the tune. The music just wanted to come out.

Why after nearly fifty years? I could have used that musical break through so many times in my past. Now that I don’t need it, it just oozes out, with the simplest gear. This kind of thing happens several times a month for me.

The sad thing is that my memory slips so much, that I tend to forget what I just learned.

·
Registered
486 Posts
At least you get good Ear Worms. Mine are always some Top-40 tripe!

If anyone is ever stuck with a really bad Ear Worm, Rob Zombie's "Dragula" will eradicate it! I'm not kidding, it always works!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
@SWLABR - is the time of your post above somewhat symbolic, just time to medicate or some random chance perhaps?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ha, ha... we aren't in the same time zone, I posted that at five-twenty, not four.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
At least you get good Ear Worms. Mine are always some Top-40 tripe!

If anyone is ever stuck with a really bad Ear Worm, Rob Zombie's "Dragula" will eradicate it! I'm not kidding, it always works!
I use In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida...
But having a song for that is helpful

Reactions: SWLABR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts