The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colby Cosh: Awaiting another courageous kick at the Dune cinematic can

The cinema-rumour websites are hissing with whispers about the upcoming adaptation of Frank Herbert’s
Dune from Canadian director Denis Villeneuve. Folks who still swear by science-fiction movies live in a state
of constant unease about tent-pole projects like this. After an adaptation of cherished object X by messianic
genius Y is announced, there are still a hundred things that can go awry with the script or the finances or the
cast, and one of those hundred things, or some interaction amongst them, usually does. But the buzz is that
everything is, so far, in order for Villeneuve to begin shooting early next year.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
We saw the Lynch version when it came out. Parts were decent but it felt like it took longer to watch the film than it took to read the book.

Villeneuve could do a remake of Plan 9 from Outer Space and make it compelling, but it would be hard to work up a head of steam for another remake of Dune.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
i saw the one with virginia madsen and paul maclachian. i liked it, even though alot of people didn't. i read 4 or 5 of the books in the series. the first 3 are great, then it gets a little mired in politics. there are sooo many dune quotes i use in my everyday life, although 99% of them go un noticed.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Someone needs to make the movie for Elric and Stormbringer

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have tried twice now to read the book and just can’t seem to make it through. I’m at 49% (ereader) and have moved on to other books and don’t think I’ll get back to it.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
to do it proper, i would really like to see it be a trilogy at least. the trouble is, there is enough content in the first 2 books to make a trilogy from either one of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts