The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one:

Blue tooth Cyborg Ear Piece Hands Free thingamajigs for your cell phone. Does anything look dumber than some dick walking through a parking lot, sitting in a park or standing in line at the grocery store seemingly talking to himself.

My son (11 years) and I get a kick out of them. We normally point at the offenders and say "look that man is talking to himself!" and just laugh.

I know it's silly but some things are just annoying. I'm all for the hands free headset in cars - if you absolutely must talk on the phone while driving.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No kidding. I want to walk up to those people and say - "Don't you feel self conscious??? Do you think people are looking at you and saying 'I wish I had one of those stupid ear things (so I could look like a dork too!!"). lol!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
No kidding. I want to walk up to those people and say - "Don't you feel self conscious??? Do you think people are looking at you and saying 'I wish I had one of those stupid ear things (so I could look like a dork too!!"). lol!
Reminds me of years ago when cell phones first started appearing. When they became handheld units Radio Shack actually sold plastic dummy phones. You could walk around pretending, just to impress people!

Of course, we all quickly recognized the fake units and took great pleasure in making centre-shots of these geeks!:smile:

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts

C

·
0 Posts
I like the freedom my bluetooth earpiece affords me, and if you don't like it, you can suck it. You don't have to use it.... Nor do you have to approve, for me to enjoy it.

Dumb inventions.... The worse has been Religion....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the freedom my bluetooth earpiece affords me, and if you don't like it, you can suck it. You don't have to use it.... Nor do you have to approve, for me to enjoy it.

Dumb inventions.... The worse has been Religion....
Thanks for your cheerful submission. Please enjoy your bluetooth. lol!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
16,681 Posts
People wear them because they think other people are impressed. Similar convenience can be accomplished in a much less "stylish" way.

Personally I find them ridiculous. It's like decidedly uncool people trying hard to look cool.

It doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
People wear them because they think other people are impressed. Similar convenience can be accomplished in a much less "stylish" way.

Personally I find them ridiculous. It's like decidedly uncool people trying hard to look cool.

It doesn't work.
+1. You know I can see the business suited type guy.. But when I see some Dork in his sweats on the weekend at the mall with one of those things in his ear looking like an idiot... And guys, I can't say I've noticed a woman walking around with one on. It's one of the things that all us girls pretty much find dorky.

But then for me, a cell phone is for emergency purposes only.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Usually I find myself disagreeing with 97% of what you say, but in this case.......
...oddly enough, i find myself agreeing with 97% of what old clint has to say. but, i have made mock of his delightfully smug pomposity, for which i hold the top spot on his ignore list.

:bow:

anyway, my vote for dumbest invention has to go to those spring loaded faucets that require at least three hands to operate. i would love to confront the inventor/designer and have him (for only a man could design something so ridiculous..) give a live demonstration, on national television, of how to operate these faucets with only two hands.

-dh

·
Registered
485 Posts
For me, some of the dumbest *inventions* are the medications advertised on the TV these days.....
"Do you suffer from dry eyes? Millions of people like you don't have to suffer anymore. Zifferwaddle, taken once a day, will moisten your eyes and your troubles are gone. Ask your doctor about Zifferwaddle. There are a few side effects to be aware of. People taking Zifferwaddle could experience dizziness, blurred vision, dryness of the mouth, the growth of a third eye, the discoloration of genitals, the loss of all toenails on either foot. Ask your doctor if Zifferwaddle is right for you."

C

·
0 Posts
"some of the dumbest *inventions* are the medications advertised on the TV these days"

Q-ray takes the cake... You want to talk about something that tags a person as an idiot? Nothing says "More money than brains" like a Q-ray bracelet.

Or anybody walking around with a bottle of herbal supplements.... Especially if they think taking it is gonna make their schlong bigger...

At least a bluetooth headset works.

L

·
0 Posts
For me, some of the dumbest *inventions* are the medications advertised on the TV these days.....
What about Bob on that natural male enhancement commercial?
Doesn't the average male roll over after 7 mins (well..speaking for myself..lol)?
The member may be willing but staring at a pitched tent for another 3-4 hrs
is not really romantic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
blue tooth is a kik ass invention, good for lazy ppl who dont want to take out their phone, it also minimizes the chance of you dropping your phone when ur in a hurry to answer the call.
but ur rite, it looks really stupid when ur sitting my urself and talking into your BT.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
actually bluetooth is really cool. You don't even have to use it with your phone. You could use it as a wireless headset for your mp3 player. A lot of the newer samsung mp3 players are bluetooth enabled even though they are super tiny. No wires = more freedom to use your music.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I also think the Bluetooth Ear Piece looks dumb, well not the piece actually, but the user walking around talking to seemingly no one.

My vote for dumbest invention has to go to SPAM, not the meat, though that would be in my top ten.

Does anyone really purchase stuff they learned about via Spam? I suspect you never even receive a worthless product, only loose your credit card info.

Retro Bluetooth earpiece:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SPAM!!!! The electronic version of junk mail. I hate that crap. Both. I know I can put a little sign in my mail box saying "no junk mail please" but I prefer putting it right back into the mail slot so that Canada Post can deal with it.

Here another...TELE-MARKETING....You gotta just love being interrupted during dinner by "Hi Mr. ????? my name is Frank or Susan or Baljit and I'm calling on behalf of...."

I have my phone listed in a different name so when the telemarketers call asking for Mr. ???? I can say stuff like: "Is this some kind of sick joke. He's been dead for 4 months..." or "I'm sorry he's out banging the baby-sitter, I'm not sure if he is coming back" or "No he left the country due to some outstanding criminal matter. If you manage to contact him could you call the police please." Another one of my favorites is "One moment please..." then I just leave the phone off the hook until they hang up or pretend to be an ornery old fart who is extremely hard of hearing - that's always good for a laugh!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts